The Workers Compensation Act 2008 (“the Act”) provides for the establishment of a Fund to administer compensation for employees on disablement or death.
The Act includes provisions dealing with:
- Governance of the Workers Compensation Fund (“WCF”);
- The right to compensation and protection;
- Claims for compensation and the determination of these;
- Medical aid and rehabilitation benefits;
- Obligations of employers;
- Dispute settlement; and
- Financial provisions.
The Act applies to Mainland Tanzania (but not Zanzibar).