About Us

The East African firm of Cooper Brothers and Company was formed in 1947 being amalgamation of two existing firms, the oldest of which first opened office in Dar es salaam in 1925. Mergers resulted in changes of name to Coopers & Lybrand (in 1957) and then PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) (in 1998).

As at December 2015 PwC Tanzania had 5 partners and close to 220 staffs working from offices in Dar es salaam and Arusha, including close to 40 new graduated taken on during 2015. Apart from training received whilst working with the firm in Tanzania, we also develop our people by deployment on secondment overseas - for example during 2015 we had 12 Tanzanians working on long term secondments in other PwC offices (both elsewhere in Africa and in  Europe)