Transaction and Crisis Management
Transaction Services: Transaction Support Services
Our professionals act as business advisors to corporations, financial investors and lenders. We support companies through every aspect of a transaction, from structuring to raising finance. Our Transaction support team aims to be recognized as the market leader by differentiating the services offered through our deep industry knowledge, experience and ability to provide complete support through the capability of PwC's Tax, Assurance and other Advisory services. Our services include:
Due Diligence Reviews
Due diligence reviews are typically carried out when businesses are involved in an acquisition, as buyers or sellers need to establish that the financial information they hold is as accurate as possible, not only to avoid paying too much (or in a seller’s case receiving too little) but also to assess whether their governance and risk management objectives are met Our reviews typically include an assessment of:
- The inherent strengths and weaknesses of the business to be acquired;
- The quality of assets available to support the issuance of debt or equity securities;
- The current financial position, including status of tax and litigation matters;
- Existing financial commitments and arrangements including leases, guarantees and bonding;
- The strategy for the future direction of the business including an analysis of projected cash flows and related sensitivities; and
- Exit route strategies for the providers of finance.
Mergers and Acquisitions
We focus on the deal continuum from strategy through execution to post deal integration, including financial and operational due diligence, accessing the capital markets and valuing, negotiating and structuring deals. Our services include:
- Assistance in the development of appropriate acquisition strategies;
- The clear identification of suitable acquisition targets;
- The detailed evaluation and assessment of proposed targets;
- Negotiation with potential targets; and
- Overall project management of the transaction, including the coordination of other professional advisors.
General Business Advice
We provide independent business advice for our clients by evaluating the financial and other implications of corporate activities, including issuing corporate debt and equity securities, restructuring, investments, mergers and joint ventures. We also evaluate the technical, operating, market and financial risks associated with such activities. The services that we typically offer include:
- Feasibility studies;
- Preparation of business plans;
- Benchmarking exercises;
- Corporate governance reviews; and
- Identification and evaluation of alternative structures and their implications;
- Advice on the appropriate treatment and presentation of financial statements; and
- Advice on implementing new financial, organizational or governance structures.
Our Transaction Support team assists our clients who wish to reassess their strategic options or raise capital for expansion and growth. We provide advice to public and private organisations, management teams and private equity providers on valuation, deal structuring and implementation.
Divestiture/ Sales Mandates
We understand the needs of our clients in pursuing an appropriate exit strategy and team with them to create flexible solutions which maximise value and minimise time to close. Our Transaction Support team includes experienced professionals to address client issues throughout the process:
- Strategy resources who can help clients assess their business, market and related strategic issues.
- Technical accounting and tax structuring professionals who can identify risks, opportunities and alternative structures. At inception, they can also identify carve-out related issues and advise or support in the preparation of carve-out financial statements.
- Due diligence professionals who can assess the quality of earnings and assets of the target and identify risks and opportunities related to the target’s financial information. They also provide advice with respect to the data room and the sale agreement.
- Capital market professionals who can advise on financial reporting requirements as well as the broader requirements for financing.
- Project management professionals who can provide a framework for the process and back office support.