Loss of Documents

Questions: In cases where important documents, i.e. VAT registration certificate, taxpayer ID card, certificate of the company, alien business operation licence, investment promotional certificate, company’s books of account, etc. were lost or damaged owing to the floods, what should the company do? 
Answer: The company should report the loss or damage to the police and keep the written acknowledgement receipt issued by the police as evidence. The company also needs to contact the relevant government authorities such as the Revenue Department or the Ministry of Commerce as replacement documents may need to be issued.