We help our clients to drive value from projects. Organisations are rightly expecting a measurable return on their change projects, yet we know from recent research that almost half of all projects implemented fail - and, of the other that 'succeed', only half meet the expectations of senior management.
Against this backdrop, organisations need the capability to deliver the right projects at the right time - and close down those that no longer add value. As a trusted independent adviser, clients rely on our expertise to help them organise, deliver and assess projects to achieve these objectives.
- You have to establish the control and co-ordination activities required to manage projects successfully
- You rely heavily on vendors to deliver your projects
- You want advice on how to get successful projects to support your business strategy - on time and to budget
- You want to develop tools and templates to support projects and achieve successful outcomes
- You want to stop project success being endangered by uncertainty around how to manage stakeholders impacted by change
- You wish to ensure that project business benefits and performance improvements are achieved throughout the project's lifecycle and beyond.
How PwC can help you
IT Programme and Project Management
- Advise on portfolio management - aligning projects to business strategy.
- Provide project management expertise in either a lead or support role.
- Provide project office expertise in either a lead or support role.
- Advise on stakeholder management.
- Perform programme management maturity assessments.
- Provide an objective, independent view of your projects.
- Set up a project management framework including utilising PwC's project management methodology and templates and tools.
- Provide training on project management using PwC's project management methodology integrated with standard project management methodology provided by international organisations such as the Project Management Institute (PMI).
SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) Review and Delivery
Perform a gate review for each project implementation phase by providing comments for deliverables and steps performed during SDLC. Examples of gate reviews are as follows:
- IT General Control (ITGC) for technical requirements, hardware & software design, environment, system monitoring and maintenance.
- Data quality control for data requirements, data mapping, data conversion and validation and data monitoring & maintenance.
- Interface control for interface requirements, interface design, interface validation and interface monitoring & maintenance.
- Testing control for test strategy, test approach, test plan, user validation and decision for go/no-go.
IT Vendor Management - Contract and QA
- Advise on key vendor management and monitoring activities.
- Perform gate reviews on vendor’s deliverables at each phase of the project.
- Provide project management expertise in either a lead or support role to monitor vendor’s implementation.
- Provide project office expertise in either a lead or support role to monitor vendor’s implementation.
- Advise and provide comments on vendor contracts.