Customs and International Trade Consultant
Tax & Legal
The Worldtrade Management Services (WMS) team in Thailand advises a broad range of clients on International trade regulatory issues. The international trade environment in Asia, with its varying trade rules, regulations and compliance requirements presents an exciting and challenging career opportunity that offers great cross-border exposure.
As a Manager, you will be working closely with the multi-national clients in a broad range of International trade. Client projects may typically include the following topics; Free Trade Agreements, customs valuation and classification, import / export compliance, strategic goods controls, global trade strategy, savings opportunity reviews, and major business restructuring.
- Manage, direct, and monitor multiple client services teams on client engagements.
- Plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries.
- Provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients and manage to budget. Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on tax projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, work with, and service client to make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in accounting, finance, taxation, law or related field.
- 5 or more years of experience in customs and/or excise tax with excellent technical knowledge.
- Computer literacy and excellent command of English.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.