We are seeking suitably qualified high performing professionals (managers and above) to join our Financial Services assurance division. You will be involved in providing assurance services to our portfolio of international and local clients in the banking, securities, life and general insurance sectors. You will be responsible for the execution of the PwC risk based audit approach and leading audit teams during the fieldwork. In addition, you will have the opportunity to provide a variety of non-assurance services to our clients.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to develop their technical knowledge of the Financial Services and Insurance industries as well as having the opportunity to work with a number of high profile financial institutions.
The position reports to Director or Partner and will have direct responsibility for a number of audit teams as follows:
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high quality audit and assurance service, including preparing and reviewing audit plans and work.
- Achieve team and individual budgets and business plan/ performance objectives.
- Manages project financials, including budgets, WIPS, timely billing and collection and variance recognition.
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standard.
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks.
- Addresses situation before they come crises and develops solutions to avoid recurrence,
- Providing additional help and guidance to clients on a consultancy basis.
- Participants in the development of ways to meet client needs, contributes to proposal delivery.
- Identifying ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value.
- Monitor and control auditing staff.
- Takes a leadership role in professional, business or community organizations.
- Coach, train and develop auditing staff to upgrade their knowledge.
- Be seen as a role model for auditing professionals.
- Carry out practice management activities e.g. resourcing client billing etc.
- Undertake wider office activities, as required.
- Professional accounting qualification and/or a Bachelor degree and Master degree in Accounting.
- CPA qualification.
- 6+ years of external audit experience, ideally with exposure to financial services and insurance sectors.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills including leading teams of at least 5 team members.