IT Program/Project Manager
IT Program/Project Manager
An IT program/project manager has a high-level of job responsibility and serves as a mediator between client executives and numerous client staff members employed as part of his or her specific area. The assignment of this role is to be in charge of planning, implementing and executing specific IT program or project at the client environment, according to strict deadlines and within budget.
- Responsible for devising, organizing, and implementing high scale projects that are very complex in nature. These managers oversee a large compliment of members that are divided into various project teams that may include business analysis, software development, and project management.
- Define the program/project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Direct and manage program/project development from beginning to end.
- Define program/project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale program/project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate program/project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with program/project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage program/project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule program/project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track program/project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Business Administration or other related subject.
Knowledge & Experience
- 6 - 10 years’ experience in consulting services, system integration services or Corporate IT department.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Passionate about technology, with a “can-do” attitude and eager to learn new things. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and problem identification skills.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently. Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer service skills is a key asset.
- Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines.
- Fluent Thai verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.