It is an understatement that the global automotive industry is undergoing unprecedented turmoil that has found its most recent expression in a tightened credit market and declining consumer confidence which combine to stifle demand for new vehicles. In addition, the familiar industry challenges such as volatile raw materials costs and fuel prices, tighter regulations, increased governmental oversight, and the need to satisfy consumer demand for cleaner, greener cars, have combined to create a business environment such as the industry has not experienced until now.
PwC's global automotive practice professionals can help you turn these issues and challenges into opportunities that can help your business through these tough times. We invite you to make use of the resources we offer here on our website and to contact us. We welcome the opportunity to discuss with you how we can leverage our global capabilities in addressing your business needs and challenges.
- Cost reduction/Performance improvement
- Emerging markets
- Excess labour, production capacity, inventory, and predatory pressures on margins
- Improving supply chain efficiency
- Retail and distribution performance
- New regulations (accounting standards, government regulations - e.g., Block Exemption Reform, IFRS, ELV, CAFE, EU Accession, CO2 regulations)
- Environmental Sustainability
How PwC can help you
At PwC, we bring together experts in these areas and more to help you address these important automotive issues.