PwC recognises the important responsibility we bear as providers of assurance, tax and advisory services to the business community. As professional advisors, we promote responsible and transparent business practices and our ambition is to act as a role model in this area. We provide extra care to the marketplace by maintaining the highest ethical standards; following our Code of Conduct; acting fairly towards suppliers; delivering sustainable client service and sharing our thought leadership.
- Code of Conduct – the way we do business
- Transparent way of doing business: client selection process, Client Feedback Programme, independence policy, Transparency report
- Promoting responsible leadership: memberships in professional associations, provision of thought leadership, Slovak CEO Survey
For our responsible way of doing business, PwC was nominated for the Via Bona Slovakia award in 2012 in the category for ethics and transparent business.
People and Workplace Culture
From a CR perspective, building a supportive, diverse and engaging workplace is simply the right thing to do. But it's also essential if a business wishes to nurture a high-performance corporate culture. Equipping our people with the skills to do their jobs effectively and investing in training and development is also a key area of our focus, along with well-being.
- Learning & Development
- Coaching & Feedback
- Talent programme
- Global Mobility
- Our people opinion counts - Global People Survey
- Supporting flexibility
- Educating the Next Generation
- Endorsing a healthy, sporty lifestyle
- Diversity & Inclusion
Our ambition is to raise future leaders with a real interest in all aspects of CR. The way we treat and take care of our people is an essential part of how to fulfil this ambition.
Many PwC firms around the world are working to develop more environmentally-efficient business practices for their own operations – so are we. However, our greatest potential for influence is to impact the environment positively through our work with clients.
Collaborating for better solutions
- With a global network of 700 people in our Sustainability and Climate Change practice, PwC is a leading advisor on sustainability, climate change and green growth.
- We’re working with the UN to develop new ways of calculating the economic value of the world’s ecosystems and integrating these principles into business decision-making.
- PwC has provided advice and report services to the Carbon Disclosure Project for five years, to help them deliver their aims to provide investors with a unique global view on how the world’s largest companies are responding to climate change.
- PwC is a signatory to the UNGC CEO Water Mandate, a public–private initiative that aims to assist companies in the development, implementation, and disclosure of sustainability policies and practices around water.
We manage our environmental footprint by understanding and then mitigating our greatest impacts. We have integrated our environmental strategy with our everyday operations, putting environmental policy in place and engaging our people in environmental issues.
In this respect, the following is in place:
- Monitoring paper consumption, duplex printing set up, using brown recycled paper,
- Separating waste collections for paper and plastics,
- Reducing plastic waste production by using water jugs instead of bottles,
- Reducing business travel emissions by organising video conference calls,
- Running internal environmental campaigns
All the activities that PwC undertakes as a business and as individuals have an impact on the communities in which we operate. Our responsibility is to ensure that our activities support a strong and thriving community. We engage our employees in community projects and encourage them to think of those in need by providing them with various opportunities to help others through PwC.
- Pro bono and discounted professional services
- PwC Endowment Fund and the ‘Helping Hand’ Grant Programme
- Student grant programme "Yes, students can!"
- Skilled volunteering
- Corporate volunteering
- Support for the Betánia Asylum Centre in Malacky
- In-kind donations and collections
Sharing our knowledge with the community is one of the most effective ways that PwC can help.