Commercial & market due diligence
View this page in:
If a corporate or a private equity house wants to acquire another company, it will need to thoroughly understand that company’s current and projected performance. PwC provides a commercial due diligence report, which usually involves a comprehensive review of the company’s business plan in the context of projected market conditions and the industry/competition.
We have conducted over 600 commercial due diligence and 150 consulting assignments worldwide. We regularly work alongside PwC financial due diligence teams to share findings and conclusions. As a result, PwC’s conclusions are based on well-researched and integrated views on all aspects of the transaction.
- Are you considering acquiring a company, but there is market or competitive uncertainty, such as new technologies, customers, trends, legislation, powerful buyers, or a new geographic market etc, and you need to know how these issues might impact the current and future value of the company?
- Are you are considering acquiring a company, and the revenue/EBIT projections appear to be very aggressive (relative to historic performance)? You therefore need to test/validate the achievability of these projections
- Are you considering acquiring a company, and a significant proportion of the revenue/EBIT projections appear to be based upon the success of new products, customers and/or markets? You therefore need to test/validate thereasonableness of these assumptions
How we can support you
- Your organisation reaps maximum benefit from the PwC network at the most critical stage of the process and can therefore make informed decisions as to whether this is still a route you wish to take
- Rapid diagnosis of – and subsequent focus on - key commercial deal issues with the result that you can be sure that you have had expert advice regarding recent developments in the chosen sector
- Our teams are likely to have had prior experience in the industry and will therefore not have to go up the ‘learning curve’ at your expense. This helps keep your costs down
- PwC’s conclusions are based on well-researched and integrated views on all aspects of the transaction. This translates into a less cumbersome and more efficient due diligence process, meaning your organisation may only have one report rather than two or three. This then saves you time and of course, cost.
PwC's commercial & market due diligence services cover:
- Sustainability of competitive advantage and revenues/income
- Achievability of business plan projections
- Target specific market/industry-related investment risks Strategic/market-related value-creating opportunities
- Implications for financial performance/valuation