View this page in:
Do you import goods from non-EU countries? Are you paying import customs duties?
You may qualify for customs suspensions!
Customs suspensions allow EU producers to import goods subsequently used in production without paying import customs duties during a certain period (e.g. 2 years).
Which products can be subject to customs suspensions?
- Raw materials, semi-finished goods, or components not available or produced within the EU, or not in sufficient amount, with the exception of “finished products”.
- Finished products used as components in the final product, provided the added value of such an assembly operation is sufficiently high.
- Equipment or material to be used in the production process.
What are the conditions to apply for the customs suspensions?
- The goods have to be integral to the production process operated by EU producer, i.e. they must be classified as inputs to the production.
- Such goods must not be available within the EU in the required amount or quality.
- It must not be possible to decrease the import customs duties in another way or apply other specific measures.
- The yearly saving on the import duties has to be at least EUR 15.000.