Slovak International Mobility Centre
View this page in:
Increasing globalization and ever-changing business environment are contributing to an increase in employee assignments. These are changing from long-term to shorter assignments abroad and, at the same time, the assignment of employees abroad is moving from top management to middle management level, or to production, service or research employees. In addition, due to merged functions and responsibilities of the current managers to cover more countries, there is a certain need for their mobility. An effective strategy for employee assignments that can be quickly and easily adopted and which will, at the same time, meet the compliance requirements of all participating countries, is the basis for the smooth outplacement of employees to where your business needs are.
Challenges you are facing:
- to give your employees quality career choices by placing them in the right positions on the right terms;
- to transfer and sustain expertise and knowledge as effectively as possible within group companies for the benefit of your business and to meet the needs of your clients;
- to gain control of all related costs for assigned employees; and
- to optimize your return on investment in assigned employees.
How can the PwC Slovakia International Mobility Centre help you?
Our services are specifically tailored to the needs of each client. We provide comprehensive advice before, during, and after an assignment. Our added value is in our in-depth knowledge of social security, EU rules, local, and international taxation, immigration rules, and employment laws and practice in relation to HR matters, as well as in our extensive experience in putting this knowledge to use.
Our services include:
- fitting internal strategies for mobility and rules for expatriation together with Slovak law, so that synergy is achieved when utilizing both of these areas;
- creating and reviewing employee mobility strategies and expatriation rules;
- providing expatriate payroll services and related payroll advice;
- preparing and reviewing agreements on expatriation, secondments, labour contracts and their addendums, as well as commercial agreements between home and host companies;
- preparing tax returns for individuals, and identifying tax-planning opportunities, in the area of both personal tax and corporate tax;
- advising on and assistance with social security duties;
- coordinating foreign compliance with the assistance of other firms in the PwC network;
- setting, mapping, and optimizing the processes applied when organizing the mobility of expatriate staff;
- preparing cost projections for expatriate employees, taking into account both Slovak and foreign tax and social security obligations;
- providing immigration services, including assistance in Slovakia or abroad, through firms in the PwC network;
- finding specific solutions for members of top management; and
- providing comprehensive advice on foreign employee stock plans and stock option plans in Slovakia.