PMI - Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
View this page in:
PMI – Project Management Institute
PMI is the world’s largest not-for-profit membership association for the project management profession.
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
CAPM® is a valuable entry-level certification for project practitioners. Designed for those with little or no project experience, the CAPM® demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management.
If you’re a less experienced project practitioner looking to demonstrate your commitment to project management, improve your ability to manage larger projects and earn additional responsibility, and stand out to potential employers, the CAPM certification is right for you.
Who should apply?
- Individuals wishing to obtain an international credential demonstrating an understanding of the fundamental, best practice, project management knowledge defined in the PMBOK.
- Entry level individuals wishing to enter the project management profession.
- Individuals looking to advance their standing as project management subject matter experts in their organizations.
- Individuals working in support of a project management office (PMO).
- Project stakeholders intending to serve as a sponsor, facilitator, liaison, or coordinator.
- Project managers desiring a professional certification, but lacking the experience requirements for the PMP certification.
- Part-time project managers looking to formalize their project management skill-set and be recognized for their project management knowledge.
CAPM Eligibility Requirements
To apply for the CAPM, you need to have:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma or the global equivalent).
- At least 1,500 hours of project experience.
- 23 hours of project management education by the time you sit for the exam.