View this page in:
Module I (2 days): Developing Professional Practice
- Understand what is required to be an effective and efficient HR professional.
- Be able to perform efficiently and effectively as a self-managing HR professional.
- Be able to perform efficiently and effectively as a collaborative member of working groups and teams and as an added- value contributor to the organisation.
- Be able to apply CPD techniques to construct, implement and review a personal development plan.
Module II (2 days): Business Issues in the Contexts of HR
- Understand key contemporary business issues affecting the HR function within private, public and third sector organisations.
- Understand the main external contextual factors impacting on organisations and the HR function.
- Understand the role of HR in the managing of contemporary business issues and external contexts.
- Understand how organisational and HR strategies and practices are shaped and developed.
- Know how to identify and respond to short-term changes in the business and external contexts.
Module III (1 day): Using Information in HR
- Know how to identify and scrutinise appropriate HR data sources.
- Be able to conduct small-scale research and analyse the findings.
- Be able to draw meaningful conclusions and evaluate options for change.
- Know how to deliver clear, business-focused reports on an HR issue.
Module IV (2 days): Reward Management
- Understand the business context of reward and the use of reward intelligence.
- Understand the key perspectives that inform reward decision making.
- Understand key reward principles, policies and practices.
- Understand the role of line managers in promoting a performance culture, in reward decision making and driving sustained organisation performance.
Module V (2 days): Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Understand key contemporary labour market trends and their significance for different kinds of organisation and in different country contexts.
- Be able to undertake core talent planning activities.
- Know how to contribute to the development of resourcing strategies.
- Be able to manage recruitment and selection activities effectively and within the expectations of the law and good practice.
- Understand how to maximise employee retention.
Module VI (3 days): Managing and Co-ordinating the Human Resources Function
- Be able to explain the purpose and key objectives of the HR function in contemporary organisations.
- Understand how HR objectives are delivered in different organisations.
- Understand how the HR function can be evaluated in terms of value added and contribution to sustained organisation performance.
- Understand the HR function's contribution to effective change management.
- Be able to explain the role of ethics and professionalism in HR management and development.
- Understand the relationship between organisational performance and effective HR management and development.