Are you concerned about fraud or impropriety within your organisation?
Have you had a case of fraud or misappropriation of assets that you would like to investigate?
Our team is ready to assist clients in the prevention, detection, investigation and remediation of fraud, financial crime and other irregularities including asset misappropriation, bribery and breaches of ethics. Our financial investigations specialists work with our experts in forensic technology solutions to detect fraud, uncover the full extent of the losses, analyse evidence obtained and produce reports which can be used as evidence if appropriate. We also assist parties contemplating asset recovery actions.
More about this service
Drawing on skills and experience acquired over many years in a range of disciplines, our investigations team is ready to assist clients in the prevention, detection, investigation and remediation of fraud, financial crime and other irregularities.
Our detection and investigations specialists work with our experts in forensic technology solutions, combining extensive practical experience, formal training and a wide range of tools and techniques to detect and investigate fraud.
The decision to recover any assets misappropriated will be informed by a wide range of issues, including the size of the losses, whether the target of any recovery action has sufficient assets to warrant a claim, as well as the location of those assets and whether there's a desire to avoid publicity. We can assist clients in this decision making process and in pursuing any resulting recovery actions.
How we can support you
- Your organisation has suffered asset misappropriation in any form, including theft of cash or other assets, procurement fraud, expense or payroll fraud, loan or mortgage fraud, theft of trade secrets, or diversion of revenues
- You need to address whistleblower allegations or rumours within your company against certain staff members or management
- You suspect that there are breaches of ethics, conflicts of interest and other forms of management and employee impropriety within your organisation.
- You need to respond to bribery and corruption claims, including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act breaches
- There is a suspicion of accounting fraud or manipulation (whether at group, company or divisional level), or inappropriate or inadequate disclosure
- There are concerns about the adequacy or effectiveness of anti-fraud programmes and controls over financial reporting
Other investigations services include
- Investigate the nature and extent of the fraud or irregularity and any losses arising from it
- Identify and quantify any accounting misstatements and advise on changes to accounting or disclosure that may be required
- Using evidence from the investigation, as well as publicly available sources, evaluate the viability of third parties as targets for recovery actions
- Work closely with lawyers to frame freezing and disclosure orders, as well as for the elaboration of asset recovery strategies
- Analyse further evidence, such as bank records, obtained under disclosure orders
- Produce factual and/or expert reports and other analyses in support of recovery actions
- Assist in the design and implementation of other remedial steps, including improvements in processes and controls to mitigate the risk of recurrence
- Act as expert witnesses and provide testimony
- Manage healthcare compliance reviews
- Provide contract forensic auditing, examine relationships with suspect vendors
- Investigate suspect financial performance
- The use of forensic interview techniques
- Electronic evidence gathering, including disk imaging
- Data mining and other electronic data analysis to identify relevant evidence and investigative leads
- Document, transaction and accounting analysis
- Evidence and document management
- Production of reports, including expert witness reports, and numerical and graphical analyses for use in civil or criminal proceedings
- Liaison with law enforcement and regulatory authorities