Managing Upstream Risk
PwC’s Regulatory Reform Review: An Asian perspective
The March 2014 edition of Managing Upstream Risk includes among others, the following topics:
- ESMA's first report on trends, risks and vulnerabilities, looking at the performance of EU securitiesmarkets, assessing both trends and risks in order to develop a comprehensive picture of systemic and macro-prudential risks in the EU that can serve both national and EU bodies in their risk assessments;
- A comprehensive section on AML and Financial Crime, with write-ups on FATF's plenary meeting in Paris and supervision of virtual currencies in various jurisdictions;
- BCBS final standards on the standardised approach for measuring counterparty risk exposures, measuring counterparty credit risk associated with OTC derivatives, exchange-traded derivatives, and long settlement transactions;
- EBA's final guidelines for the calculation of the discount rate for variable remuneration and clarifying how it should be applied; and
- A keynote address by EIOPA Chairman on the evolution of regulatory standards in insurance worldwide, the benefits of a global capital standard that the International Association of Insurance Supervisors is currently developing and how EIOPA’s can contribute to this work.