Organisations are increasingly outsourcing their non-core activities to third party service providers, while also seeking to improve their internal controls governance framework for internal and external purposes. Controls reporting under an established framework has picked up pace globally as a way of not only gaining comfort from the service providers, but also as a form of self-governance and review for senior management on the robustness of internal controls. Controls reports are also being used as a way of communicating to clients and regulators on the internal controls of the organisation.
If this is your situation
- You are experiencing increasing expectations of the robustness of your internal controls from your clients and the regulators
- You need confidence in the quality of the information coming out of your management information systems
- You want to outsource non-core functions to service providers and would like to know whether their controls over the potential outsourcing functions are adequate
How PwC can help you
PricewaterhouseCoopers has a global network of specialists who can provide solutions to all your controls reporting related needs.
Our services include:
- Performing an independent assessment and report of your internal controls under global standards including International Standard on Assurance Engagements (“ISAE”) No. 3402, Assurance Reports on Controls at a Service Organisation and Statement of Standards for Attestation Engagements (“SSAE”) No.16, Reporting on Controls at a Service Organisation
- Developing process flow diagrams and controls documentation
- Evaluating the robustness of your existing system of internal controls, and recommending ways for improvements