Internal Control and Fraud Awareness
A 2 day workshop to convince you of the importance of good controls both for business reasons and for regulatory compliance with a practical focus to enable you to take good practice to your workplace.
In an increasingly regulated corporate world many organisations need assistance making necessary changes to their business practices. Internal controls are no longer a regime for finance staff but all management who are required to take ownership of and sign off on controls. The challenge however is to understand how you can create a strong control environment in your organisation and how you can practically implement an Internal Control framework.
This course is your first building block in a strong structure called internal control that allows you to achieve your business, financial reporting and compliance objectives. Course material is based on a strong methodology grounded in regulations associated with Corporate Governance and the COSO framework.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Be convinced of the importance of good control both for business reasons and regulatory compliance.
- Be aware of the regulatory environment which requires that businesses demonstrate strong controls.
- Understand the fundamentals of control including key types of control, IT controls and reconciliation controls.
- Be conscious of control in your everyday work, becoming “ambassadors” for good control, including execution, monitoring and assessing effectiveness of existing controls in your own organisations.
- Have considered fraud and how to reduce the risk of fraud in their organisations by implementing and maintaining a strong and effective control environment.
- The Business Case for Control
- Role of the Audit Committee
- Control Fundamentals
- Control Issues - Case Study 1
- IT Controls
- Control Issues - Case Study 2
- Recap Quiz
- Control Effectiveness
- Control Issues - Case Study 3
- Monitoring and Remediation
- Fraud - Singapore Case Study
- Case study - change of system, changing risks, change of controls
- Action Planning
Who should attend
- Managers of all levels who carry responsibilities to design and maintain effective and efficient internal controls and in particular those who support Board members.
- Finance staff of all levels who need to understand the control environment so enabling them to carry out their duties diligently and add value to their organisation.
- All non-finance staff, in particular those working for listed companies, but also those who work in organisations seeking to enhance and improve their existing control environment.
Date & Time
18 to 19 October 2012
9.00 am to 5.00 pm
S$963 - PwC Clients/alumni
S$1,123.50 - Public
Fee includes 7% GST, lunch, refreshments and seminar kit.
More information about the seminar, including registration details, is available in the flyer >