You're likely to have a few questions that you may not yet have found the answer to. Here are some of the questions we get asked most frequently. If you can't find what you need to know, please write to us.
1. What are your deadlines?
Deadlines for applications will be listed in the job description under the Internship Opportunities section. This information will also be communicated to you via your university careers office.
2. If I’m hired, when should I expect to start work?
We have two internship cycles every year, each running from eight to ten weeks. The summer internship cycle runs from May to August while the winter internship cycle runs from December to February. The internship opportunities for the winter internship cycle are available only within some business areas and offices.
3. What does the selection process involve?
Please refer to the information contained within the Hiring Process section.
4. How long does the application process take?
Shortlisted candidates will be notified 3-4 weeks after the application close date. Regretfully, due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
5. Is it possible to get samples of the psychometric test questions?
If you are invited to take the online psychometric tests, you will get access to practice questions via the link we send you in an email.
6. Will I be able to apply for more than one business area?
Yes - we allow you to choose your first and second preferences.
7. If I have been declined, can I apply again?
If you have been declined previously and wish to apply for another position, please advise us of your intention to do so to allow us to assess your individual situation and respond to you appropriately. You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Where can I obtain the relevant information regarding the various lines of service?
You can refer to the online resources available by clicking here.
9. Do I need to be an Accountancy graduate to work as an intern in PwC?
Yes – currently our internship program is available only to accountancy students
10. What is your selection criteria?
Apart from seeking individuals who are keen to develop themselves professionally, we place emphasis on the following characteristics/attributes:
11. Can I still apply even if my grades are average?
Yes - grades are not our only criteria. You may have other outstanding characteristics such as leadership qualities or strong interpersonal and communication skills, which could make you a suitable candidate for the position.
1. Is it possible to attach external documents (i.e. testimonials) to supplement my application?
Yes - you can include testimonials to support your application.
2. What should I do if there is an error in the submission of the online application form?
You can send an e-mail to the following address (email@example.com) with your query/issue and one of the recruitment team members will respond to your e-mail.
3. What should I do if I want to make changes to my application form after it has been submitted?
Should there be a need to make changes to the application form after it has been submitted, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the changes that need to be made..
1. Is there a time limit for the psychometric test?
Yes - the test will be timed and you should work as quickly and accurately as possible through the questions. However, you are not expected to complete all questions. Speed without accuracy will result in low scores. Ensure you read each question carefully and that you understand what is required before committing yourself to an answer, especially where multiple choice answers appear similar. It’s also a good idea to take these tests in a quiet environment; free of disruptions such as telephone calls.
1. Is it possible to sit through a phone interview if I am unable to arrive in Singapore for the interview?
This depends on the interviewers’ preferences and availability and also the circumstances and constraint of the applicant. However, you will need to inform us in advance that you are unable to physically attend the interview.
2. What should I do if I am delayed by an emergency or traffic jam on the day of the interview?
Know your recruitment contact’s telephone number in case of a delay or problem. It is best to make sure you know how to get to our office and how long it takes and to factor in time for potential delays.
3. What should I do when I arrive at PwC?
Know who to ask for on arrival – this will be communicated to you if you are invited to an interview.