Here are some of the most frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you need to know or should you encounter difficulties in your online application, please write to us at: email@example.com
1. What are your deadlines?
Deadlines for applications will be listed in the job description under the Graduate Opportunities section.
2. If I’m hired, when should I expect to start work?
Most of our graduates will commence work in July however depending on business unit requirements, there may be other intakes throughout the year.
3. What does the selection process involve?
Please refer to the information contained within the Hiring Process section.
4. How long does the application process take?
Shortlisted candidates will be notified 3-4 weeks after the application close date. Regretfully, due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
5. Is it possible to get samples of the psychometric test questions?
If you are invited to take the online psychometric tests, you will get access to practice questions via the link we send you in an email.
6. Will I be able to apply for more than one business area?
Yes - we allow you to choose your first and second preferences.
7. If I have been declined, can I apply again?
If you have been declined previously and wish to apply for another position, please advise us of your intention to do so to allow us to assess your individual situation and respond to you appropriately. You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Where can I obtain the relevant information regarding the various lines of service?
You can refer to the online resources available on our website.
9. Do I need to be an Accountancy graduate to work in PwC?
No - we recognise that graduates of other disciplines possess the skill sets and aptitude that we are looking for. However, our recruitment for non-accounting students is usually run at a different time to our main accounting recruitment period so keep a regular look out on our website for updates. If you are eligible to apply for our non-accounting positions, your university careers office will be sending you more information.
10. What is your selection criteria?
Apart from seeking individuals who are keen to develop themselves professionally, we place emphasis on the following characteristics/attributes:
11. What qualities should a PwC graduate possess?
We are interested in applicants who are keen to pursue a career in the profession and exhibit the necessary drive and interpersonal skills to succeed. We look for passionate and dynamic individuals who want to be at the forefront of the professional services industry and are invigorated by the challenges of a fast-paced and dynamic career. If this sounds like you, then we would love to receive your application!
12. Can I still apply even if my grades are average?
Yes - grades are not our only criteria. You may have other outstanding characteristics such as leadership qualities or strong interpersonal and communication skills, which could make you a suitable candidate for the position.
1. Is it possible to attach external documents (i.e. testimonials) to supplement my application?
Yes - you can include testimonials to support your application.
2. What should I do if there is an error in the submission of the online application form?
You can send an e-mail to the following address (email@example.com) with your query/issue and one of the recruitment team members will respond to your e-mail.
3. What should I do if I want to make changes to my application form after it has been submitted?
Should there be a need to make changes to the application form after it has been submitted, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the changes that need to be made.
1. Is there a time limit for the psychometric test?
Yes - the test will be timed and you should work as quickly and accurately as possible through the questions. However, you are not expected to complete all the questions. Speed without accuracy will result in low scores. Ensure you read each question carefully and that you understand what is required before committing yourself to an answer, especially where multiple choice answers appear similar. It’s also a good idea to take these tests in a quiet environment; free of disruptions such as telephone calls.
1. Is it possible to sit through a phone interview if I am unable to arrive in Singapore for the interview / assessment day process?
This depends on the interviewers’ preferences and availability and also the circumstances and constraint of the applicant. You need to inform us in advance that you are unable to physically attend the interview.
For assessment centres, since this is a critical part of the selection process, it is not likely that a phone interview will be allowed
2. What should I do if I am delayed by an emergency or traffic jam on the day of the interview?
Know your recruitment contact’s telephone number in case of a delay or problem. It is best to make sure you know how to get to our office and how long it takes and to factor in time for potential delays.
3. What should I do when I arrive at PwC?
Know who to ask for on arrival – this will be communicated to you if you are invited to an interview or assessment centre.
1. What are the job benefits like?
At PwC, we do not impose a probationary period for graduates. This means you enjoy all staff benefits from the day you join us, including sponsorships of professional qualifications, ongoing career support and development, travel and secondments, opportunities for involvement in corporate responsibility activities, PwC Experience awards and lifestyle allowances.
2. What activities are there outside work?
Our Sports Club actively organises activities for everyone to promote interaction and wellness. Inter-firm and inter-department games are also held regularly so you can meet other professionals in the industry. As part of our Corporate Responsibility commitment, we also encourage you to participate in community and charity projects throughout the year. And of course, within your different teams, there will be many networking activities held through the year.
3. What sort of training can I expect as a PwC graduate?
We run specific in-house courses for all our professional staff to help you meet the performance standards of your grade, and prepare you to take on the responsibilities of the next grade.
4. Will I be given the chance to work in PwC firms overseas?
Depending on host and home firm requirements and your performance, you may be given the opportunity to work in one or more of our global firms. There are both short-term (3-9 months) and long-term (2-3 years) opportunities for staff from the experienced associate and above grades.