Rising to a new grade - A PFRS seminar
16 September 2013, 8.30am to 5.30pm | Ballroom 1 & 2, Mandarin Oriental, Makati City
With the Philippines achieving investment-grade sovereign rating this year, we expect a boost in investment opportunities, lifting the country’s long-term potential for economic growth. Standard-setters and regulators are now continuously working on enhancing transparency in financial reporting and delivering high quality financial information for investors and other stakeholders.
To level up your understanding with current accounting and regulatory trends, we at Isla Lipana & Co. would like to guide you implement PFRS updates, address common accounting issues and get acquainted with developments in accounting standards.
We will give you a refresher course covering these new standards effective this year:
- PAS 19 (Amendment), Employee Benefits: What has changed? What has not changed?
- PFRS 13, Fair Value Measurement: Basic provisions of the new standard
- PFRS 10, 11 & 12, Consolidation and Joint Arrangements: New principles and guidance on the new standard
We will bring you back to the fundamental principles on the following hot topics:
- Impairment: Value today may not be the value tomorrow: How do I know if my assets and properties are impaired?
- Derivatives: What you can’t see may hurt you: How do I know if derivatives are embedded in my contracts?
- Cash Flows: Issues noted by regulators: How do I know if my cash flows are properly classified?
- Common accounting issues: How do I know if I am applying the standard correctly?
- SEC Financial Reporting Bulletins: What is the impact on my financial statements?
Lastly, we will introduce to you an overview of other developments while facing the future of accounting in the Philippines.
- IASB Timetable: The Future of Revenue and Lease Accounting. How do I prepare?
- Approved PIC Q&As in 2012 and 2013