Finance Manager | Consulting Careers (May 2014)
PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting (Philippines) Inc. seeks a Finance Manager for a potential USAID Philippines funded project Sustainable Urban Resilience for Growth with Equity (SURGE). SURGE aims to promote more balanced and resilient urban growth, reduce economic disparities, and improve socio‐economic conditions for highly urbanized second‐tier cities and their surrounding areas. This activity will assist cities and adjacent areas plan effectively, guarantee basic public services, reduce business transaction costs, promote competitiveness, support sustainable development, and reduce disaster risks while ensuring inclusive and sustainable growth. We are looking for individuals who are committed to making a difference.
- Supervise all aspects of financial management and accounting in compliance with USAID rules, regulations and procedures
- Oversee payroll and ensure appropriate tax withholdings
- Ensure that subcontractor invoices and payments are in compliance with payment terms and subcontracted deliverables
- Maintain central accounting files
- Manage and monitor project bank accounts
- Ensure that all back-up supporting documentation and approvals are available before issuing any payment
- Facilitate vendor payment either through direct bank wire transfer or issuance of bank check
- Ensure all financial documentation is both filed in hard copy and scanned and saved in project digital files
- Advanced studies in relevant field, such as accounting, commerce or business administration, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in financial management of complex projects with range of subcontractors
- Experience managing USAID funded or other donor funded projects
- Working knowledge of accounting systems and software applications
- Demonstrated ability to manage team
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and Tagalog.