Tax - David Caradus Profile
Qualifications and Professional Affiliations
David joined PricewaterhouseCoopers, Port Moresby as a tax partner in July 2002, after several years as a director in Sydney, Australia. He has considerable experience from working on PNG and Australian tax, from 1999 to the present. David has worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers since 1983 apart from a brief period in 1999 when David established his own tax practice specialising in PNG taxation.
- Bachelor of Arts (majoring in Accounting and Law)
- LLB (Macquarie University )
- Solicitor of Supreme Court of NSW, non-practising
- Associate Member of Certified Practising Accountants in PNG.
- Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Fellow Member of the Taxation Institute of Australia
With over 20 years experience in senior taxation roles in PNG and Australia, David provides tax services to a wide range of PNG and international clients, who benefit from his knowledge and experience. David’s key areas of expertise include:
- Acquisitions, mergers and restructures.
- Extensive networks in PNG and a thorough understanding of the PNG business environment.
- David is currently the partner in charge of the taxation practice in PNG and is responsible for a large number of corporate clients advising on both in-bound and out-bound investment, corporate income tax, customs duty, stamp and exchange control.
- David is the author of a number of publications on PNG Taxation including 2007 PNG Tax Facts and Figures, “Papua New Guinea Resource Project Taxation- A guide for Operators”, was quoted in 2007 Business Advantage released for the 2007 PNG/Australia business forum.