The PwC Deals division provides comprehensive commercial financial, economic and strategic advice to companies facing significant business growth opportunities. We have developed a reputation for excellent advice, strong relationships and high levels of independence. These attributes, coupled with a vast range of experience, have made PwC Deals a key corporate adviser in the Southern African market and our position has been reinforced through the completion of key local and cross-border deals.
Our range of specialist advisory services across critical areas of corporate finance and transaction services include:
- Mergers and acquisitions – PwC has a dedicated Mergers and Acquisitions team which advises listed and private clients on buying, selling, merging and restructuring companies and groups. We also advise clients on originating and structuring key strategic partnerships, with a particular focus on BEE shareholding, private equity and capital raising. We are a registered JSE sponsor and as such have a full advisory capacity servicing the listed exchange regulatory environment. PwC has an experienced M&A desk in all key South African, African and international territories. We are therefore able to leverage this network, our experience and our specialist skills to ensure that we maximise value for our clients. The global PwC M&A practice has, over the past ten years, concluded on average 300 deals a year – almost a deal a day.
- Strategic and valuation advice – We provide independent expert valuation advice for your business; we evaluate the financial implications of, amongst others, corporate debt, restructuring, investments, mergers and joint ventures and we advise on better managing assets and large capital investments amidst increased competition.
- Infrastructure, Government and utilities – We advise governments, state-owned enterprises and private sector investors in project financing, public private partnerships and privatisations, advising on the deal process from strategy to financial closure, including debt raising.
- Transaction services – We assist companies involved in acquisitions, divestitures, strategic alliances and access to local and global capital markets. Our services include financial and tax due diligence, sell-side due diligence, vendor assistance, no-access due diligence, bid support and post-deal services. We help our clients maximise the return on their deals and identify and manage associated transaction risks.
- Accounting Valuations
- Black Economic Empowerment (BEE)
- Business Recovery rervices
- Corporate Lead Advisory
- Independent expert opinions
- Infrastructure, Government and Utilities
- Mergers and Acquisitions Advisory
- Project Finance
- Public Private Partnerships
- Smart Procurement
- Tax valuations
- Transaction services
- Valuation consulting
- Valuations and strategy