Customs and Duties focuses on the needs of companies involved in the cross-border transfer of goods, addressing tariff, non-tariff, legal, procedural and compliance issues, as well as related global, regional and national strategic market access, manufacturing, sourcing and supply advice.
PwC services include:
- Globalisation/regionalisation strategies, cross-border valuation and classification of goods, risk management and specific customs compliance advice and services and assistance with VAT refunds.
- Globalisation/regionalisation strategies address national restrictions, regional and global trade agreements and their impact on manufacturing, supply strategies, rebate studies and costs.
- Cross-border valuation and classification of goods provides planning and compliance advice with respect to customs valuation and classification of goods and related intangibles. This service necessarily dovetails with transfer pricing, corporate and indirect taxes, and entity structure advice.
- Risk management concerns reducing risk associated with mergers and acquisitions, government audits and operation procedures and processes. We also provide customs compliance reviews, support for internal audit control processes, procedure manuals, staff training, and due diligence.
- Specific Customs compliance advice and services include pre-clearing Customs services and intervention on behalf of importers at Customs on Head Office, Regional Office and entry points levels. Management of Customs guarantees and acquittal of temporary imports is offered, as well as obtaining permits/certificates required at time of importation or exportation.
- Assistance with VAT refunds for local and foreign jurisdictions.
- Cross-border valuation of goods.
- Provision of monthly Asycuda import reports.