Risk & Governance
Our Risk & Governance professionals can help management, the Board and third parties enhance their control and corporate assurance frameworks, addressing the hazards as well as opportunities of risk across their organisations. Our core services include governance advisory and Board improvement, management oversight & controls optimisation, risk & compliance solutions and revenue assurance.
- Looking to establish or enhance clarity of roles and boundaries between the Board and Management?
- Seeking advice on management performance and accountability?
- Looking to conduct strategic risk-testing and analyse level of risk associated with selected strategies/options?
- Facing a growing list of rules and regulation compliance?
- Requiring reliable and available data for internal and external reporting?
- Identifying and addressing complaints and breaches of legislation and internal processes?
- Thinking of relooking at the design of your processes with a view to enhance efficiencies whilst not compromising on control effectiveness?
Do contact us on:
Governance advisory and Board improvement
- Board effectiveness evaluation: Facilitation of Board self-evaluation exercises, validation of results through obtaining Directors’ opinions on the effectiveness of the Board and contribution of individual Directors to the Board; conduct of independent review of Board governance structures and processes; conduct of training for the Board and Directors.
- Develop Board improvement programmes in areas like Board structure, Board operations and interactions, and Board roles and responsibilities.
- Design and implementation of governance frameworks and practices
- Design, review and enhance governance documents for clarity of roles and responsibilities. These include charters, terms of references, policies and procedures, and limits of authority, and aligning these to the Board's guidelines and Management's mandate.
Management oversight and controls optimisation
- Assessment of current state of Board’s oversight of internal controls – provide insights to the Board on existing state of entity and process level control activities as well as highlight areas where improvements can be made to strengthen the systems of internal control.
- Internal audit services (full outsource, co-source or provision of technical support including managerial assistance and training), quality assurance reviews of internal audit functions and management audits.
Risk and compliance solutions
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) implementation: Current state assessments of existing risk management initiatives, development of risk management framework, ERM awareness training, risk profiling and post-implementation reviews.
- Quality reviews of ERM functions.
- Design and implementation of compliance frameworks, provision of compliance awareness training, design and implementation of control self-assessment processes, and post-implementation reviews.
- Diagnostic reviews and assistance in readiness projects for compliance with rules and regulations, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
Internal audit services
- Internal audit outsourcing
- Internal audit co-sourcing
- Internal audit advisory
- Effectiveness reviews of internal audit functions
- Methodology and tools
- Training services