PricewaterhouseCoopers Malaysia named Tax Firm of the Year
Kuala Lumpur, 24 November 2010 – PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Malaysia was named ‘Tax Firm of the Year’ by leading tax industry publication International Tax Review (ITR) at its annual Asia Tax Awards. PwC Malaysia also took home the award for ‘Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year’.
Khoo Chuan Keat, Tax Leader and Senior Executive Director of PricewaterhouseCoopers Taxation Services Sdn Bhd received the awards on behalf of PwC Malaysia at the awards ceremony held at the Fullerton Hotel, Singapore last night.
“We are happy and proud to be acknowledged for our work,” said Khoo. “It has always been a priority for us to put together teams with the right mix of capabilities and expertise, to provide our clients with the best counsel possible – either in improving their tax efficiency or mitigating their tax risks. These awards accord recognition to the value that we bring to the table for our clients.”
ITR also ranked PwC a ‘Tier 1’ firm in its World Tax 2011 publication, a comprehensive guide to the world’s leading tax firms and tax advisers, in which firms from 50 countries are categorised as either Tier 1, 2, 3 or 4 firms.
Numerous Asia tax awards are presented annually by ITR to firms in 14 jurisdictions, which demonstrate examples of the most innovative client work in the Asia-Pacific region between August 2009 and July 2010.
10 other PwC member firms also took home awards for their respective territories, namely:
- PwC Australia – Firm of the Year
- PwC China – Firm of the Year
- PwC India – Firm of the Year
- PwC Singapore – Firm of the Year
- PwC Thailand – Firm of the Year
- PwC Taiwan – Firm of the Year, Case of the Year
- PwC Indonesia – Firm of the Year, Disputes Firm of the Year
- PwC Hong Kong – Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- PwC New Zealand – Case of the Year
- PwC Vietnam – Disputes Firm of the Year.
Collectively, the PwC network of firms in Asia also won three awards, which are:
- Asia Tax Firm of the Year
- Asia Restructuring Firm of the Year
- Asia Banking Firm of the Year.
- ENDS -
Notes to Editor:
- International Tax Review Awards
The awards are presented to firms that demonstrate examples of the most innovative client work in the Asia-Pacific region between August 2009 and July 2010. The winners and runners-up will also be featured in the December/January 2011 issue of International Tax Review.
- The 14 jurisdictions are Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam.
- About International Tax Review
Established in 1990, the International Tax Review is the most trusted publication and online resource for corporate tax directors, policymakers and practitioners. Now in its twenty-first year, it provides the most authoritative and up-to-date discussion of developments in tax, including changes in policy, practice and dispute resolution, and how they will have an impact on companies. It provides comprehensive international news, features and opinion, guides to innovative deals, surveys, international updates and profiles of and interviews with the leading tax directors and officials around the world. Moreover, International Tax Review is complemented by regular outbound and inbound supplements on key areas of tax, such as Asia Transfer Pricing, M&A and Indirect Tax, as well as our renowned World Tax directory of the leading firms and individuals.
In its tiering of firms in 50 countries, the criteria for a Tier 1 firm are: international network and leading reputation in their own jurisdiction; a number of specialists in all the areas of tax: planning, transactional, transfer pricing, indirect taxes and litigation, reflected in the size of transactions.
- About PricewaterhouseCoopers
PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value for our clients and their stakeholders. More than 163,000 people in 151 countries across our network share their thinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice.
- "PricewaterhouseCoopers" and "PwC" refer to the network of member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL). Each member firm is a separate legal entity and does not act as agent of PwCIL or any other member firm. PwCIL does not provide any services to clients. PwCIL is not responsible or liable for the acts or omissions of any of its member firms nor can it control the exercise of their professional judgment or bind them in any way. No member firm is responsible or liable for the acts or omissions of any other member firm nor can it control the exercise of another member firm's professional judgment or bind another member firm or PwCIL in any way.