Valuations & Strategic Value (V&S)
Advisory - Valuations & Strategic Value (V&S)
Kuala Lumpur. See our other locations.
Roles and responsibilities:
You will provide valuation services in business and asset valuation, accounting valuation, mergers & acquisition advisory, modelling & business planning into a sustainable business
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Leading on proposal strategy and its development.
- Managing a range of projects (from small to highly complex) and ensuring its completion within a stipulated timeline and budget.
- Pursuing business development opportunities.
- Contributing to growing the practice through recruitment and profiling of its people as well as services.
- Providing on the job coaching, technical guidance and mentoring to more junior team members. You will also be expected to lead and guide on proposal strategy and development, manage all ranges - from small, medium to highly complex - of projects within the stipulated timeline and fee budgets, and help build the V&S team through recruitment, mentoring, training & development.
- Degree in Accounting / Economics / Finance or any other relevant disciplines and/or a professional accounting qualification.
- CFA or CFq qualification is an added advantage.
- Excellent written communications : able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles and get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Excellent presentation skills : is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings and can present to an internal as well as external audience.
- At least 8 years of relevant consulting or commercial experience and is able to demonstrate knowledge / experience in the various areas of V&S practice.
- A proven track record in sales whether products or services.
- Project management experience.
- Client management experience.
- An action oriented self starter who can be counted on to exceed goals successfully and pushes self and others for results.
- Strong customer focus, dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients. Acts with clients in mind and establishes as well as maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
- Interpersonally savvy : relates well to all kinds of people and is able to build appropriate rapport, constructive relationships and can diffuse high tension situations comfortably.
- Strong business acumen. Knows how businesses work and how policies, trends, practices, technology and information affects businesses and organisations.
- Possess good perspective. Is able to look towards the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge, easily poses future scenarios, thinks globally and discuss multiple aspects, impacts of issues and projects them into the future.
- Able to build effective teams when needed, creates strong morale and spirit, shares wins and sucessess, fosters open dialogue and allows people to take accountability for their work. Also effective at developing direct reports.