Global Technology Services - IT Support
Firm Services - Global Technology Services
Kuala Lumpur. See our other locations.
Roles & responsibilities:
You will assist in provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. And also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities, configure / add new services as necessary
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Provide technical level support, investigate and troubleshoot issues as required
- Perform periodic and ad-hoc reporting to support capacity planning
- Address operational systems issues including file and share permissions, user accounts and installing applications
- Upgrade and replace server hardware where appropriate
- Recognised University Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related discipline
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems environment and RAID disk technologies
- Working experience in Active Directory administration and familiarity with network infrastructure
- Excellent understanding of server hardware set-up and configuration
- MCSE or MCSA certification or similar would be desirable
- Good command of spoken and written English language
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- 1 to 2 years of relevant working experience.