Compliance and Licensing
Senior Executive - Compliance and Licensing
Firm Services - Managing Partner's Office (MPO)
Roles and responsibilities:
You will provide support in matters related to licensing and compliance. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Submit new applications and renewal applications to various authorities including the Ministry of Finance, Suruhanjaya Koperasi Malaysia and the Audit Oversight Board to obtain various licenses for PwC and its related entities/ individuals.
- Monitor the prompt renewal and licensing requirements of Tax Agents.
- Submit updates in compliance with the reporting requirements of relevant authorities/ regulators such as Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM), Customs Offices, Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) etc.
- Act as liaison person with internal stakeholders and external authorities/ regulators.
- Point of reference for electronic databases which serve as a repository for licensing guidelines and ensure that the databases are updated.
- Maintain a proper filing system for document retention.
- Co-ordinate, compile and ensure that licensing applications for submission comply with requirements.
- Prompt follow-up and resolution of inquiries arising from submissions.
- Perform regular checks via the authorities/ regulators’ websites to ensure prompt updates of guidelines in the licensing database.
- Seek clarification from the processing officers to ensure full understanding and compliance with the guidelines.
- Establish good relationship with the processing officers.
This role may also include other administrative duties assigned by superiors in the Managing Partner's Office.
- Degree holder with at least 2 years of work experience in the related field (dealt with regulations, renewals of contracts and liaising with regulatory bodies).
- Strong sense of personal responsibility to follow through the tasks/ processes.
- Resourceful, proactive and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Result and quality-oriented.
- Detailed, diligent and well-organised.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Proficient in English and Bahasa Malaysia (written and oral).
- Ability to build and develop professional relationships in a virtual environment.
- Must be technology savvy and competent in Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.