PwC has interviewed a number of CIOs worldwide to obtain their views on IT Governance, their experience in implementing, IT Governance, and what it takes to make their IT Governance work.
The major findings from the interviews can be summarised as follows:
- IT alignment is the highest rated driver and outcome of IT Governance practices
- IT Governance is still very much associated with fulfilling control or compliance requirements
- IT Governance is driven by top management
- The benefits of implementing IT Governance are not measured and are difficult to quantify
- The IT Governance aspects of outsourcing arrangements are almost exclusively centrally managed by the corporate CIO office