A leading local business organisation, with interests in different business sectors, is seeking to recruit a Group Internal Auditor.
Our client’s business units span a broad portfolio of international brands and industry sectors including automotive, manufacturing, retailing, hospitality, real estate, IT and mechanical and engineering contracting.
Reporting directly to the Audit Committee, the Internal Auditor’s responsibilities will cover activities of all the companies in the Group. The main responsibilities of the job involve the planning, performing and execution of compliance, financial, and operational internal audits, and recommending improved business practices with the objective of attaining an appropriate level of internal control and corporate governance.
His/her main duties would be as follows:
- Responsible for Internal Audit activities within the Group, including;
a. drawing up the annual Internal Audit plan;
b. performing internal audits in order to assess the internal controls;
c. report internal audit findings to the Audit Committee;
d. verify effectiveness and compliance of existing processes and procedures; and
e. perform follow-up activities on recommendations given to Management.
- Perform risk assessments, controls gap analysis and testing, corporate governance reviews and regulatory compliance appraisals
- Provide advisory and consulting services to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Group’s processes and procedures
- Serve as liaison, facilitator and one of the contact points for the Group’s external auditors
- Lead or facilitate meetings to discuss audit findings with senior management and the Audit Committee
- Prepare reports on the status of internal audit activities to present to the Audit Committee
- Perform follow up activities on recommendations given by Internal Audit to ensure that the agreed management actions are properly implemented
- Ensure that Internal audit activities of the Group are performed in line with the requirements of listed companies of the Malta Stock Exchange.
The chosen candidate must be a dynamic and self-motivated person, a qualified accountant, with at least 7 years of experience in internal auditing, internal controls, risk management and/or regulatory compliance. Candidates should have strong analytical skills with a business mindset, good understanding of, and a keen interest in, Governance, Risk and Compliance together with the ability to apply risk considerations to processes and controls. A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering business solutions whilst demonstrating integrity and courage to challenge status quo is also important for this role.
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with qualifications and experience, is being offered to the chosen applicant.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence. Interested persons are encouraged to apply by not later than 31 May 2017 by enclosing a detailed C.V. quoting reference number 415/YP, to:
Executive Search and Selection
78, Mill Street, Qormi. QRM 3101
or e-mail to: email@example.com