Indirect Tax Services
Any business buying, selling, investing or employing staff in one or more countries is confronted with indirect taxes. Globally, governments are increasingly imposing indirect taxes: sales taxes, general services tax, business tax, VAT, customs duties, energy taxes, environmental taxes, excises etc.
The PwC advantage
We have an extensive global network of indirect tax professionals and have strong relationships with tax authorities and policy makers.
We take a multi-disciplinary approach to indirect taxes, integrating with our specialist industry networks. We have dedicated teams to co-ordinate our global client service and commit to execution within agreed timeframes. We use technology to deliver and connect with our customers. Our global indirect tax services include:
- Up-to-date information, publications and books via GlobalVATOnline.
- Advice on strategy, structuring and planning to mitigate indirect tax costs/risks.
- Advice on compliance and reporting including outsourcing of compliance.
- Advice on automation and digitization using tax engines, ERP, e-invoicing, e-archiving and e-filing.
- Support with internal controls, Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 reviews and indirect tax risk management.
- Assistance with negotiations with tax authorities, obtaining rulings and litigation.
- Conferences, training and access to the European indirect tax group (EiTG).
PwC can help you:
Minimize VAT compliance costs and VAT risks
- Develop strategies for achieving VAT refunds
- Structure VAT cash flow for both revenues and costs
- Eliminate problems associated with reverse-charge VAT
- Accelerating recovery of input VAT related to zero-rated turnover
- Structure cross-border VAT to reduce VAT costs on services
- Address VAT issues arising from specific product sharing agreements