Any business buying, selling, investing or employing staff in one or more countries is confronted with indirect taxes. Globally, governments are increasingly imposing indirect taxes: sales taxes, general services tax, business tax, VAT, customs duties, energy taxes, environmental taxes, excises etc.
The PwC advantage
We have an extensive global network of customs professionals and have strong relationships with tax authorities and policy makers.
We take a multi-disciplinary approach, integrating with our specialist industry networks. We have dedicated teams to coordinate our global client service and commit to execution within agreed timeframes. We use technology to deliver and connect with our customers. Our global customs services include:
- Specialized customs tax planning (duties, VAT, excise tax)
- Customs advice on specific transactions
- Customs advice for companies in diverse business sectors, including automotive, energy and metallurgy, telecommunication, consumer packaged goods, etc.
- Legislative and practice updates/advice on both new and pending legislation and changes in practice under new requirements
- Customs Diagnostics of entities, including recommendations for mitigating risks as well as identifying and exploiting new opportunitie
- Drafting customs inquiries and providing practical advice and solutions on issues involving customs
- Practical assistance in obtaining and confirming customs benefits
- Advice on the application of customs regimes and incentives, tariff classifications, country of origin, transfer pricing, and customs value, etc.