Capital project services
Major capital projects have a track record of cost overruns and being delivered late. PwC's Middle East capital projects team helps project owners and investors manage these challenges at all stages of the project lifecycle, keeping their projects “on track”.
Our team of engineers, programme managers, accountants, project financiers and architects work as your project advisors, supporting the development and execution of a risk resilient project. We typically work with the senior project stakeholders in an advisory capacity, ensuring they have the right insights to take informed action.
As a team of dedicated project advisors, typical roles include advising on:
- The business case, strategy and alignment to stakeholder requirements
- The organisation’s readiness to commence a project, the maturity of project management controls and delivery capabilities
- Independent financial reviews to establish the ongoing commercial viability, cost and value drivers
- The cost and schedule status of active projects within programmes / portfolios through schedule and milestones analysis, in particular critical path analytics
- Commercial and procurement strategy, risk allocation and incentives
- Project budgets, contingency levels, stage gate approvals and controls on capital spending
- Project risk management: identification, assessment, modelling, reduction and monitoring
- The project governance environment and development of remedial action plans
- The development of mitigation and recovery plans for projects which are failing
- Dispute / litigation strategy development, from assessing the strength and weaknesses of quantum and time arguments to testifying expert witness services