Asset-intensive businesses are well aware of the value of best-practice asset management for reducing costs and risks and for facilitating regulatory compliance.
In recent time, nearly every asset-intensive operation around the world is constantly under pressure to control costs and maximize return on assets, while providing high service quality and continuing to protect the safety of its employees and the public. For these organizations, the productivity and performance of assets is central to their core business objective. Significant investment, and ongoing expense and risk, are all associated with the acquisition/creation, utilization, maintenance and renewal/disposal of asset portfolios.
We at PwC work with our clients to understand where opportunities for improvement exist and then build a roadmap of tasks and tactics to match asset management to business goals. Our clients include leading organisations in the utilities (power, water/ wastewater), oil and gas, transport and municipal sectors globally.
You are responsible for the delivery of infrastructure services once the assets are commissioned, and require overcoming the following challenges:
- Reality check on existing asset management practices and competencies within your organisation and understanding possible value leakage and risk exposure to your business
- Advice on the most appropriate tools and techniques available to convert valuable asset financial and technical data into effective operational decision-making, valuation or regulatory reporting
- Accelerated transformation of your asset management model to fully align strategic and operational capabilities required to deliver world-class infrastructure and services
- Shift the organisational focus from a traditional capital projects delivery environment to asset stewardship through structured training and development
How we can support you
- A strong presence in the Middle East with experienced technical , financial, accounting, business and risk management consultants to support delivery of a joined-up advice and no piece-meal approach
- An extensive global network of industry focussed practitioners, thought-leaders and academicians to provide latest best-practice advice to your specific issues
- Hands-on experience and technical partnerships with leading Asset Management standards bodies and EAM vendors globally
Our service offering includes:
- Asset whole-life costing and capital planning decision making
- Asset lifecycle process and organisational optimisation
- Asset Management workforce training and competency benchmarking
- Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) solution and integration support
- Asset data and report integrity and forensic support
- Asset accounting, valuation and regulatory compliance advice
- Asset Management certification support (PAS55, ISO55000, etc)
We are also specialised in providing overall planning and design implementation support to the asset management capability transformation programme your organisation might be considering.