Tax Customs Specialist (Manager) – Indirect Tax
As competition increases across the globe, today's companies expect greater efficiency and accuracy from their suppliers. At the same time however, local governments have expanded and fine-tuned their trade legislation, requiring companies to also increase scrutiny of their own import, export and indirect tax (customs and VAT) strategies to be sure that they comply with complex local laws. Running afoul of such laws could cause these companies to incur unnecessary indirect tax costs, slowing their supply chains, increasing order completion time, and incurring other import and/or export risks related to non-compliance. PwC Middle East is growing its indirect tax practice and requires a specialist in Customs & International Trade at Manager level entry. The objective being to be able to help clients address the complexities of international trade, customs, and indirect taxes and work with them to develop cost-effective strategies, efficient and effective compliance programs, and business processes that keep important supply chains running smoothly.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of, and/or a proven record of success performing in a role that emphasizes managing, Customs and Border Protection procedures and regulatory framework, as well as associated documentary requirements.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of, and/or a proven record of success performing in a role that emphasizes managing, analyzing client internal control practices and evaluating client compliance with import control regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates extensive broad knowledge of international trade and US Customs issues, such as Harmonized Tariff Classification System, customs valuation, preferential trade agreements and Rules of Origin.
- The obtained following degrees are preferred: Master of Science, Master of Arts or Master of Business Administration degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Juris Doctor.
- Demonstrates extensive technical customs- and trade-related skills, including entry review process related to import entry and/or shipment data elements (HTS classification, value, quantity), FTZ's, drawback, protests and petitions, as well as knowledge of brokerage entry/release and clearance.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success identifying and addressing client needs, which includes the following: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success with working independently, engaging in critical analyses of complex information, articulating thoughts succinctly and in an organized manner and emphasizing the extensive ability to write business documents clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less-experienced staff.
Click here to apply.