Senior Consultant- Advisory- CIPS- Transportation & Logistics
Reference # 10-adv-803
PwC’s PRTM Management Consulting has created a competitive advantage for its clients by changing the way companies operate. Our management consultants work with senior executives to develop and implement innovative operational strategies that deliver breakthrough results. Among other things, the firm is a global leader in operational strategy, supply chain, product and service innovation, and customer value management.
The consultant’s role is to work with a company’s senior executive team to drive the most strategic operational initiatives—implementing innovative solutions, measuring results early and often, and ensuring the desired performance. Consultants are called on to deliver outstanding client results, direct client personnel, prepare work plans, facilitate client teams to implement recommendations, organize and write proposals, and participate in new business development. You will operate at a Consultant or Senior Consultant level (depending on qualifications and experience) and be capable of providing high quality advice and experience to our clients in these areas, while working as part of a project delivery team.
You will be part of a highly skilled, specialist team of professionals while at the same time you will be encouraged to initiate and develop new ideas. Our team has an excellent track record of delivering high quality work to major international clients and has ambitious growth plans for the next few years.
Reporting to the Assistant Managers, Managers, Senior Managers, Directors, and Partners, your responsibilities will include:
• Working as a strong team member on delivery of assignments with ability to take ownership of own areas of the project under limited supervision.
• Servicing a variety of clients, getting to know and understand their unique business issues and needs.
• Working collaboratively with a focus on knowledge sharing and innovative thinking with the team.
• Staying abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business; and using current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
• Contributing to the development of intellectual property (white papers, articles, etc.) in collaboration with senior members of the team.
• Contributing to business development efforts including researching and writing proposals with adequate guidance supervision.
Position requires a Bachelor or Masters degree from a top school. PwC seeks high-performing individuals with analytical minds and strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ideal candidates are self-starters who can manage their time effectively and can educate themselves while contributing to dramatic client performance improvement.
PwC seeks Senior Consultants with experience working for management consulting firms and/or significant industry work experience as outlined in one or more of the following segments:
• Airlines and cargo operators (e.g. Emirates Airlines, Maximus)
• Airports and airport services (e.g. Dubai Airports Company, SkyChef)
• MRO (e.g. Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies, Lufthansa Technik)
• Travel services (e.g. Amadeus, dnata)
• Aviation authorities (e.g. IATA, GCAA)
• Military air force experience also considered (e.g. GHQ)
In addition to the industry focus outlined above, we are seeking individuals with experience in at least one of our primary practice areas, including:
Additional information on required credentials:
• Good understanding of the key drivers in the transportation, logistics, and aviation markets (key players, competitors, trends, business drivers, etc.). Eager to learn the industry and support growth of the practice.
• Displays professionalism, discretion and sound judgment at all times. Excellent ability to work in a team, relate to peers and clients, and understand the individual dynamics within an engagement.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and high pressure to deliver while maintaining a strong attention to details and quality. Be outcome-focused and result-oriented.
• Proactive and able to work under limited supervision. Comfortable working under sometimes ambiguous or high-level guidance. Recognize and take action when issues require additional initiative and/or escalation. Take ownership for delivering within deadlines.
• Be open minded, flexible and practical. Modify behavior as appropriate to deal effectively with change. Treat change and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth. Approach assignments outside of comfort level with enthusiasm.
• Communicate with impact and empathy. Understand and convey the importance of communication. Prepare concise, well-written documents using appropriate business and technical language.
• Middle East and North Africa experience a plus.
• Language skills:
• English, business fluency and impeccable writing skills
• Arabic fluency a plus