Manager- Advisory- Technology
Technology transforms businesses. But only if they know how to harness it. That’s why technology expertise is so in demand. It covers everything from IT strategy, architecture and design to enterprise applications, sourcing, project management and IT operations. That, in a nutshell, is what Technology at PwC is all about.
Whichever area you join us in Technology, you’ll have the opportunity to develop a wide range of technical expertise and consulting skills, so you can meet the complex challenges our clients face.
The candidate will be leading the Applications and Platforms track of a national eServices/IT Strategy Program. The candidate should actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and will be mainly responsible for service delivery including delivery of work products, project and people management, also identify potential business opportunities for PwC. The candidate will be responsible to manage client’s expectation and produce high quality results. Below are key responsibilities:
• Responsible for delivering the project objectives within budget and time
• Responsible for developing project charters and plans as well as program plans
• Responsible for managing the development of Technology Applications & Platform assessment depicting the existing technology, etc.
• Responsible for managing and reviewing the development the Technology Applications & Platform Target Architectures.
• Responsible for reviewing deliverables and ensuring adherence to scope and completion of work.
• Responsible for building and delivering a complete Technology Applications and Platforms assessment utilizing technology methodologies (i.e.: IT Governance, Enterprise Architecture, etc), best practices (i.e.: COBIT, ISO27001, etc) and technology reference model that is aligned with TOGAF which contains the following areas:
• Platforms (Operating system, database, etc).
• Applications (Applications fit, integration, usage, management and ownership, maintenance and support, security management, and documentations).
• Use IT best practices (such as ITIL v3, COBIT4.1, and ISO27001) to assess:
- Information needs (Data Architecture).
- IT Platform (Databases, Operating systems, Applications, web services, and web applications).
- Business Applications (Applications Architecture).
• TOGAF Certified or Other relevant Enterprise Architecture Certificates
• SOA related certificate is a plus
• PMP Certified
• 7 to 12 years of experience
• At least managed 3 eServices/IT Strategy/ Business Processes re-Engineering projects delivery (from initiation to closing with at least 4 people reporting to him in each project)
• Experience in Applications and Platforms architectures designs
• Application Architecture Designs and Functional Requirements definition.
• Technology Strategy Implementation Roadmap Development
• Excellent Presentation Skills
• Excellent Reports Development Skills
• Bilingual (English and Arabic)
• Assesses client integrity for the consideration of engagement leadership in the client acceptance and continuance process.
• Stays at the forefront of emerging technical and/or industry issues and developments.
• Recognised as having strong technical expertise.
• Plays a role in the execution of innovative solutions and
application of technical knowledge and best practices.
• Participates in the development of new methodologies or approaches to address client or firm needs.
• Consults widely on and fully explores complex issues to reach a comprehensive conclusion.
• Defines strategy for managing multiple and/or complex projects.
• Supervises development of project plans to meet engagement/project objectives and budget. Assumes accountability for changes.
• Ensures the collective skills and competencies are available to deliver the engagement/project.
• Focuses efforts of the team on the relevant project issues, monitors progress and escalates issues affecting the project.
• Assimilates complex data in short timeframes and evaluates alternatives and recommends practical and achievable solutions.
• Identifies potential risk management or other professional standards issues and consults appropriately, making recommendations accordingly.
• Takes responsibility and ownership for ensuring quality work is completed/delivered efficiently within deadline and budget.
• Adapts by developing new areas of expertise to address changes in work or business environment.
• Comfortable with championing change and prepared to take the lead in new initiatives.
• Takes up challenges enthusiastically and has the tenacity to see issues through to resolution, overcoming barriers in an appropriate manner.
• Demonstrates strong negotiation and influencing skills.
• Demonstrates a wide range of communication styles and interacts effectively with all levels.
• Demonstrates confidence and expertise in the
presentation of new ideas and deliverables.
• Obtains feedback from the client, peers and leaders and relays it to the team.
• Coaches others (formally & informally) on providing meaningful feedback.
• Acts as mentor to others and actively uses delegation to develop others.
• Makes the time and creates the opportunity for staff members to discuss their career aspirations and how they might be achieved.
• Manages others so that performance issues are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
• Emphasises and reinforces to staff that learning and consultation, both formal and informal, are encouraged and expected.
• Leads and generates a vision, establishes direction and motivates people to focus efforts and build commitment towards achieving the project goals.
• Consistently demonstrates team leadership while managing multiple projects or complex assignments.
• Demonstrates and encourages in others leadership, passion, enthusiasm, and personal dedication to the firm’s strategy and to delivering quality.
• Inspires and motivates others.
• Takes responsibility for ensuring sustainable working practices,
• Viewed as a trusted business advisor and maintains a broad commercial and business understanding in order to develop sustainable business relationships.
• Takes a role in professional, business or community organisations.
• Anticipates client needs, managing introduction of
technical experts or specialists where applicable.
• Consistently contributes to converting service opportunities to successful proposals for new and/or existing clients, always considering the regulatory environment for particular clients.
• Actively seeks out new relationships within the client and leverages existing ones to maximise the sales potential with that client, always considering the regulatory environment for particular clients.