Assistant Manager: Infrastructure & Networking- Advisory- Technology
Technology transforms businesses. But only if they know how to harness it. That’s why technology expertise is so in demand. It covers everything from IT strategy, architecture and design to enterprise applications, sourcing, project management and IT operations. That, in a nutshell, is what Technology at PwC is all about.
Whichever area you join us in Technology, you’ll have the opportunity to develop a wide range of technical expertise and consulting skills, so you can meet the complex challenges our clients face.
The candidate will be a team leader in delivering Infrastructure & Networking track activities of a national eServices/IT Strategy Program. The candidate will be responsible to development of the program/project deliverables meeting the client’s expectation and produce high quality results. Below are key responsibilities:
• Responsible for delivering a complete Technology assessment utilizing technology methodologies (i.e.: IT Governance, Enterprise Architecture, etc), best practices (i.e.: COBIT, ISO27001, etc) and technology reference model that is aligned with TOGAF which contains the following areas:
• IT Infrastructure (Connectivity, Servers, Switching and Routing, Security, Backup & Storage, Data Centre and IT facilities, physical and environmental security, sourcing).
• IT Security Policies and Controls covering asset management, communications and operations management, access control, information systems acquisition, development and maintenance, information security incident management, business continuity management)
• Use IT best practices (such as ITIL v3, COBIT4.1, and ISO27001) to assess the IT Infrastructure (security, network, network based services, servers & storage (hardware components), and personal computing).
• Responsible for conducting technology assessment depicting the existing technology infrastructure, etc.
• Responsible for managing and reviewing the development the Network
and Infrastructure Target Architectures which contain:
• The Secure Network Architectures
• The IT Common / Central Network Architecture
• Central Data Centre Reference
• Architecture Government
• IT Disaster Recovery approach
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is a plus
• Business and Technical Consulting Experience, Architect experience is a strong plus
• 6-7 years experience
• Consulting experience is preferred
• Focus more on technical side and soft skills not on business development
• Strong Architecture background
• eServices experience
• IT Governance experience
• eGovernance experience
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent reports development skills
• Bilingual (English and Arabic)- preferable
• Previous experience in working closely with business customers, information technology professionals and vendors.
• Strong business-focused background in different business areas.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required – demonstrate ability to communicate across all levels within the organisation;
• Have worked on a number of IT cost and value and/or sourcing engagements with deep experience across the IT function;
• Good understanding of information technology, comfortable with holding conversations at CIO level about the technology in their business and the technology market place;
• Experience in leading business development activity such as opportunity identification, proposal creation and delivering pitches to clients;
• Experience in one or more of the following areas:
• IT Sourcing Strategy & Business Case
• Infrastructure & Operations Management
• Application Rationalisation and Consolidation
• IT Target Operating Model definition
• Requirements Definition
• Service Delivery Lifecycle
• Shared Services & Outsourcing
• Procurement & Contracting
• Transition & Transformation
• Vendor Management
• Managing IT impact of M&A activity
• Thorough understanding of SOA and J2EE technologies (additional, .NET knowledge a plus)
• Thorough understanding of Web Technologies and Web Security Concepts
• Technical background with high-availability architectures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Project Management experience
• Demonstrate courage and integrity
• Acquire and apply commercial and technical expertise
• Understands and participates in project planning, administration and economics.
• Prioritises and manages own and delegated work with a focus on completion within scope and budget.
• Elevates issues and proposes potential solutions.
• Maintains a focus on project economics and identifies and recommends opportunities for improved efficiency.
• Demonstrates a risk management mind set in application of the role and assigned responsibilities and escalates issues through engagement/project team.
• Takes responsibility and ownership for ensuring work is completed delivered efficiently and within deadline.
• Embraces change with flexibility and modifies behaviour (as appropriate) to deal effectively with change.
• Treats change and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth.
• Readily tries different approaches appropriate for new or changing situations, as appropriate.
• Approaches assignments outside of comfort level with enthusiasm.
• Assists in proposal preparation and research.
• Builds and leverages on internal network of contacts, throughout the firm.
• Begins to identify needs the client may not recognise.
• Understands and communicates the broad range of services provided by the firm.