Assistant Manager- Advisory- Technology
Reference # 10-adv-703
Technology transforms businesses. But only if they know how to harness it. That’s why technology expertise is so in demand. It covers everything from IT strategy, architecture and design to enterprise applications, sourcing, project management and IT operations. That, in a nutshell, is what Technology at PwC is all about.
Whichever area you join us in Technology, you’ll have the opportunity to develop a wide range of technical expertise and consulting skills, so you can meet the complex challenges our clients face.
The candidate will lead the PMO managing the development of a national eServices/IT Strategy Program. The candidate will be in charge of managing the program resources and will be responsible (along with the PMs) to manage the overall delivery of the project.
The candidate will be responsible to manage client’s expectation and produce high quality results within all program tracks. Below are only key responsibilities:
• Responsible for managing overall tracks and ensure that issues and risks are early managed
• Responsible for delivering the project objectives within budget and time
• Develop project charters and plans as well as program plans
• Track project financials and manage the billing, invoices, etc.
• Manage the project scope and manage the changes, etc.
• Identify resourcing needs.
• Identify project risks and mitigating them.
• Identify issues and handle them. Report them to the management in a frequent basis and ensure resolution.
• Report to Program Management on project status/issues/risks/budget etc.
• Manage the relationship with all the involved stakeholders.
• Manage the deliverables reviews and approval process.
• Review deliverables and ensure adherence to scope and completion of work.
• Must demonstrate proven experience in running large complex program. Must also demonstrate ability to lead group of people ranging from Manager and below levels.
• Must demonstrate strong planning capability
• Understands well SDLC and IT delivery standards
• Must have very strong technical and business writing skills
• Must demonstrate strong knowledge in producing quality results and deliverable
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Certification: PMP / PRINCE2 Certified
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge of eServices/IT Strategy Program
• 5 to 8 years of experience.
• PMP – Project Management Professional is a must
• Excellent Presentation Skills
• Excellent Reports Development Skills
• Bilingual (English and Arabic)preferable
• Previous experience in working closely with business customers, information technology professionals and vendors.
• Strong business-focused background in different business areas.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required – demonstrate ability to communicate across all levels within the organisation;
• Have worked on a number of IT cost and value and/or sourcing engagements with deep experience across the IT function;
• Good understanding of information technology, comfortable with holding conversations at CIO level about the technology in their business and the technology market place;
• Experience in leading business development activity such as opportunity identification, proposal creation and delivering pitches to clients;
• Experience in one or more of the following areas:
• IT Sourcing Strategy & Business Case
• Infrastructure & Operations Management
• Application Rationalisation and Consolidation
• IT Target Operating Model definition
• Requirements Definition
• Service Delivery Lifecycle
• Shared Services & Outsourcing
• Procurement & Contracting
• Transition & Transformation
• Vendor Management
• Managing IT impact of M&A activity
• Thorough understanding of SOA and J2EE technologies (additional, .NET knowledge a plus)
• Thorough understanding of Web Technologies and Web Security Concepts
• Technical background with high-availability architectures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Project Management experience
• Demonstrate courage and integrity
• Acquire and apply commercial and technical expertise
• Understands and participates in project planning, administration and economics.
• Prioritises and manages own and delegated work with a focus on completion within scope and budget.
• Elevates issues and proposes potential solutions.
• Maintains a focus on project economics and identifies and recommends opportunities for improved efficiency.
• Demonstrates a risk management mind set in application of the role and assigned responsibilities and escalates issues through engagement/project team.
• Takes responsibility and ownership for ensuring work is completed delivered efficiently and within deadline.
• Embraces change with flexibility and modifies behaviour (as appropriate) to deal effectively with change.
• Treats change and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth.
• Readily tries different approaches appropriate for new or changing situations, as appropriate.
• Approaches assignments outside of comfort level with enthusiasm.
• Assists in proposal preparation and research.
• Builds and leverages on internal network of contacts, throughout the firm.
• Begins to identify needs the client may not recognise.
• Understands and communicates the broad range of services provided by the firm.