Senior Consultant- Advisory- Financial Services
Reference # 10-adv-1404
You will need to have relevant Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) skills and experience to focus on delivering change projects with a focus on Finance transformation as part of a senior PwC / Client team and will be working across our FS Clients.
PwC is a world leader in EPM. Our team services the change agenda for the world's leading financial services clients, often co-ordinating projects on a global basis. Our work is focused on providing FS clients with better, faster and more cost effective information, both financial and non-financial. There is an increased focus on transparency within the marketplace whilst needing to satisfy ever-increasing regulatory requirements in parallel. Our FS client base covers a breadth of FTSE100 organisations spanning Retail and Commercial Banking, Capital Markets, Life and Non-Life Insurance and Investment Management.
• Working as a strong team member on delivery of assignments with ability to take ownership of own areas of the project.
• Service a variety of clients, getting to know and understand their unique business issues and needs
• Collaborative working style, with a focus on knowledge sharing and innovative thinking with the team
• Should be outcome focused and result oriented
• Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
• It is likely that your work will be part of wider transformational programmes and hence exposure to other finance and non-finance processes is desirable
• Building relationships with our key FS clients across Retail and Commercial Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance and Investment Management sectors;
• Identifying client needs and proposing solutions to them;
• Assisting with the delivery of projects;
• Being part of the team in the Finance Effectiveness practice; and
• Maintaining a consistently high and leading edge market profile.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other related major field
• ACA, ACCA, CIMA or MBA qualified are desirable.
• 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role; relevant experience in the financial Services.
• Experience of assisting in projects in one or more of the following areas: Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting, Financial Consolidation and Group Reporting, Management Reporting and Analysis, Profitability and Cost Management and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) / Balanced Scorecard definition;
• A basic/intermediate knowledge of EPM:
o systems and relevant software (including Business Intelligence);
o data solutions and related issues within FS clients; and/ or
o best practice processes.
• Understanding of finance operating models, key business drivers and commercial information reporting systems in a FS or multi-national corporate environment.
• Business Skills - Understanding our client's business and showing strong commercial acumen in seeking out growth opportunities and winning work.
• Delivery Skills - The ability to use our industry and technical skills to better deliver practical solutions that are valued by our clients.
• Analytical Skills - Identifying and diagnosing client issues through rigorous analysis, rather than selling PwC solutions.
• Individual, Social and Business Interaction - Flexible in using a range of influencing styles in order to build strong sustainable relationships, and demonstrating the Firm's values.
• Personal and Professional Development - Committed to seeking and acting on feedback and learning opportunities.
• PC Proficiency including, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Basic/Intermediate understanding of Financial theory and general accounting issues.
• Ability to work with Finance professionals within clients and demonstrate ability and understanding of Finance needs and challenges
• Proven ability to conduct industry research and articulate opinions.
• Should have a consulting mindset and experience.
• Strong verbal, presentation and business writing skills
• Should be a self-starter with excellent commercial insight and have familiarity with the Finance environment
• Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and teaming skills
• Proven ability to work independently
• Good decision Maker
• Ability to deliver business results
• Proactive nature and be able to demonstrate initiative.
• Relationship- focused (with clients, peers, management, etc.)
• Shows creativity in problem solving
• Professional presence
• Self-motivation to take initiative for personal growth and development