Senior Manager- Financial Functions
Reference # 10-adv-1302
• Planning, management and delivery of assignments and typically act as the Team Leader for small project or workstream leader on large engagements.
• Service a wide variety of clients, getting to know and understand their unique business issues and needs
• Collaborative working style, with a focus on knowledge sharing and innovative thinking
• Supervise and train team members – assign and coach junior members of the project team on execution of fieldwork.
• Should be outcome focused and result oriented
• Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other related major field
• ACA, ACCA, CIMA or MBA qualified
• 9 - 12 years experience in a similar role; significant experience in the financial function with focus on transformation and change positions.
• Previous experience of working on major change or implementation programs within a finance function, either process or software related.
• Supporting decision making at a senior level (CFO level) and be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success, achieving savings and overcoming various challenges.
• Deep understanding of finance operating models, key business drivers and commercial information reporting systems in a multi-national corporate environment.
• Excellent knowledge of business processes in one or more core industries
• Relationship and business development skills
• Previous experience in managing staff and demonstrating leadership skills.
• Deep understanding of Corporate Performance Management functions with ability to contribute to CPM implementation and improvement programs (experience with implementation of key CPM software tools such as Hyperion, Cognos is desirable)
• Ability to demonstrate best practice approaches within a finance function across multiple dimensions including processes, people, systems and operations.
• Ability to work with Finance professionals within clients and demonstrate ability and understanding of Finance needs and challenges
• Proven ability to conduct industry research and articulate opinions.
• Should have a consulting mindset and experience.
• Strong verbal, presentation and business writing skills
• Strong project management skills
• Should be a self-starter with excellent commercial insight and have an excellent familiarity with the Finance environment
• Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and teaming skills
• Proven ability to work independently
• Proactive nature and be able to demonstrate initiative.
• Relationship- focused (with clients, peers, management, etc.)
• Shows creativity in problem solving
• Self-motivation to take initiative for personal growth and development