Consultant- Advisory- EUM- Renewable Energy and Sustainability
Reference # 10-adv-1205
PwC’s Sustainability Consulting practice provides a range of services to the clients in the private and public sector across the Middle East region.
• We support clients with the development of sustainability strategies that are aligned to their corporate strategy, by identifying material sustainability issues, helping them agree a vision, designing a high level implementation programme and using valuations to build the business case. We also provide policy support to governments, particularly on climate change.
• We help clients embed their sustainability strategies into their business by developing and implementing transformation programmes to make their operating models sustainable – including customer, product, operations, supply chain, risk and regulation. We also support clients in building internal capacity.
• We work with clients to improve the management of sustainability issues in their operating model by developing better governance, compliance, risk policies and procedures, delivering technical training and supporting sustainability due diligence and internal audit.
• We help clients set smart targets, improve their internal and external reporting of performance against these targets and provide third party assurance over them. We also help clients measure the economic, environmental, social and fiscal impacts of their businesses.
• We work with the private and public sector on Green Growth and Sustainable Energy strategies and with our colleagues in other parts of PwC, on the execution and delivery of these strategies.
• Note: We are not responsible for PwC’s CSR activity in the Middle East although the team occasionally provide technical support to this team when required.
You will operate at Consultant level in the Middle East Center of Excellence for Renewable Energy and Sustainability. You will be part of a highly skilled, specialist team of energy and sustainability professionals within which you will be encouraged to initiate and develop new ideas and provide high quality advice to our clients in the above areas. This may take the form of assisting teams to complete assignments or business development efforts or participation in internal practice development initiatives (training, research and thought leadership development, team building).
You will be expected to bring project management, project delivery, business development and practice development skills and experience appropriate for your level. You will also be expected to have a foundation of knowledge in one or more of the above areas either in a private or public sector capacity. You will also have an interest in further developing your skills and experience across other areas as well as developing a greater awareness and understanding of regional sustainability issues and developments.
Qualification/ Educational background:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business/Commerce, Policy/Regulation, Economics, Engineering or other related major field – pre requisite is that this has an environmental or sustainability element.
• Masters degree in a discipline related to sustainability an advantage but not a prerequisite
Knowledge & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree plus 2-3 years experience in a similar role including significant experience with relevant public or private sector organisations OR
• Masters degree in a discipline related to sustainability plus 1 year experience in a similar or related role
• Previous experience of working on major change or implementation programs in either process, strategy, people or technology related OR
• Previous experience with the private and / or public sector in the Middle East
• Supporting decision making at a senior level and be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success,
• Experience of Company operating models, key business drivers, operations issues and business processes OR
• Good knowledge of business processes in one or more sub-area (Corporate Strategy, Operations, Performance Management, Corporate Sustainability Strategy, CSR)
• Good understanding of global sector dynamics in Renewable Energy, Sustainability and Climate Change
Key Skill Sets required:
• Cultural awareness of the Middle East and ability to professionally conduct business in this environment
• Proven ability to work effectively in a diverse team assuming a variety of roles and contribute valuably with strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Fluent in professional written and spoken English - strong verbal, presentation and business writing skills
• Fluency in spoken and/or written Arabic an advantage but not a prerequisite
• Ability to communicate best practice approaches within at least one area of an energy organisation across multiple dimensions including strategy/policy, processes, people, systems and operations
• Ability to work with senior and junior level professionals within clients and demonstrate ability and understanding of a client’s needs and challenges
• Proven ability to conduct industry research and articulate opinions
• Should have a consulting mindset and experience with strong project management skills (time, quality and risk management, reporting)
• Should be a self-starter with excellent commercial insight, outcome focused and result oriented
• Excellent analytical skills (qualitative logic and quantitative analysis)
• Proficiency in using MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and one other MS Office application to produce high quality documents
• Proven ability to work independently and proactive nature/ability to demonstrate initiative
• Takes initiative for personal growth and development
• Relationship focused (with clients, peers, management, etc.)
• Shows creativity in problem solving
Reporting to the Senior Manager within the team your responsibilities will include:
• Service Delivery (SD): Planning, management and delivery of assignments and typically act as a key team member on existing client engagements. Developing personal relationships with clients, getting to know and understand their unique business issues and needs
• Business Development (BD): Under the guidance of the Senior Manager, help coordinate COE business development efforts in the UAE, Qatar, Jordan, KSA and other Middle East focus countries. Coordinate BD efforts and network activity amongst ME offices and global PwC member firms. This includes pro-active client targeting as well as RFP responses.
• Practice Development (PD): With guidance and support of the Senior Manager, coordinate and drive practice development in Middle East firm through:
• Supporting team and practice leadership in internal and external decision-making
• Network sustainability into other parts of the ME PwC organisation
• Participate in Learning & Development Activities furthering the Energy Practice
• Take initiative in organising and participating in Team Building activities
• Contribute to Thought Leadership development on trends in the global or regional Energy Industry through insightful analysis
• Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
• General: Display a collaborative working style, with a focus on knowledge sharing and innovative thinking