Director- Advisory- Energy, Utilities & Mining (Oil & Gas)
Reference # 10-adv-1203
• PwC has been providing professional services to energy companies for more than 100 years. Our global practice is comprised of more than 3,000 people who serve only energy, power and mining clients and receive extensive training to support this industry focus.
• Our Middle East Energy (Oil & Gas) Practice headquartered in Abu Dhabi provides a comprehensive portfolio of professional business advisory and consulting services, capabilities, and offerings addressing all segments and all functions in the energy value chain.
• The Director – an established executive – will assist our leadership through successfully delivering consulting engagements in the Energy sector, leveraging PwC’s network, and available consultants who have previously worked in areas covering integrated planning, operational risk, performance management, asset management, Lean operations, maintenance strategies and capital projects.
• As a senior member of this practice area, he/she will be required to provide input on the business plan, and assist in delivering to it. This role will include assisting in – hiring the appropriate team of consultants, identifying potential clients, creating service offerings, and selling and delivering engagements in the practice. He will report to the Partner, and is expected to manage a team of 5-10 consultants.
• The ideal candidate will have +12 years in the Energy industry and be intimately familiar with the industry in the Middle East, including players, management, challenges and trends. Aside from industry experience, consulting experience will be viewed favourably.
• You will be part of a highly skilled, specialist team of professionals while at the same time you will be encouraged to initiate and develop new ideas.
Qualification/ Educational background:
• Bachelors degree in Engineering
• MBA, or equivalent post-graduate degree from a recognized business school
PwC seeks high-performing individuals with analytical minds and strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ideal candidates are self-starters who can manage their time effectively and can educate themselves while contributing to dramatic client performance improvement.
Candidates must possess experience in energy operations either through industry experience or a strong background in delivering consulting assignments in the energy sector.
The responsibilities attributable to this role will include some or all of the following which can be delivered as modular components or as part of a wider transformation programme:
Operations Strategy and Transformation
• Operations Transformation
• Cost Reduction / Profitability Improvement
• EH&S Management
• Operational Risk
• Performance Measurement and Management
• Integrated Planning
• Demand Forecasting
• Operations Planning
• Capacity Planning
Engineering and Technical Services
• Innovation Model
• Engineering Function Effectiveness
• Quality Systems
Operations and Management
• Production Operations
• Asset Management and Maintenance/Reliability
• Activity planning and scheduling
• Business Case, Structure, and Financing
• Governance and Controls
• Complex Programme Management
• Portfolio Management and Deployment Process
• Risk Management and Disputes/Investigations
Capable of managing delivery of client engagements with minimal supervision.
Manage project planning, project budgeting and billing.
Establish and develop strong, long-term client relationships.
Lead development of client proposals.
Identify and develop new business or extension opportunities with clients.
Contribute to practice growth and development to include development of thought leadership materials and client propositions.
Support development of team members.
Additional information on required credentials:
• Demonstrated progression and advancement into positions of greater responsibility
• Supervisory or management experience
• Experience of working in the Middle East and North Africa, and involvement in business and professional associations a plus
• Team-oriented and demonstrated success in delivering results
• Assertive and confident presence
• Self-starter with strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Comfortable working at all levels of management
• Language skills:
• English, business fluency
• Arabic fluency a plus
• Arabic fluency a plus
• Demonstrate courage and integrity
• Acquire and apply commercial and technical expertise
• Manage projects and economics
• Be open minded, agile with change and practical
• Communicate with impact and empathy
• Develop self and others through coaching
• Be curious: learn, share and innovate
• Lead and contribute to team success
• Build and sustain relationships
• Be passionate about client service
• Sales and business development