Senior Consultant- Advisory- Energy, Utilities & Mining (Oil & Gas)
Reference # 10-adv-1201
• PwC has been providing professional services to energy companies for more than 100 years. Our global practice is comprised of more than 3,000 people who serve only energy, power and mining clients and receive extensive training to support this industry focus.
• Our Middle East Energy (Oil & Gas) Practice headquartered in Abu Dhabi provides a comprehensive portfolio of professional business advisory and consulting services, capabilities, and offerings addressing all segments and all functions in the energy value chain.
• Candidates will have a background in strategy, corporate development / planning or commercial market facing roles within the sector company or within a consultancy organisation.
• Specific skills will include project work commercial aspects of project assessment, appraisal or commercial diligence, along with planning and execution, including planning and organisational design.
• In oil and gas, we are seeking candidates from upstream, midstream, trading and downstream sectors of the industry.
• Candidates will have a strong understanding of the wider strategic issues affecting the sector, the implications for company strategy and investment decisions, and a clear articulation of what these issues mean for delivering this decision.
• Candidates will have insight on a number of areas with relevance to their sector, such as: the impact of new technology and new resource types like as shale oil and gas in the upstream sector; changing global supply and demand and trade flows; refinery investment and sector rationalisation in mature markets; and the shift in midstream and downstream operating models with the entrance of non-traditional players.
Qualification/ Educational background:
• Bachelors degree in Engineering
• MBA, or equivalent post-graduate degree from a recognized business school
• 3-5 years experience in a similar role; significant experience with energy companies or relevant public sector organisations
• Previous experience of working on major change or implementation programs in either process, strategy, people or technology related OR
• Previous experience with the public sector in the Middle East
• Supporting decision making at a senior level and be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success,
• Deep understanding of Company operating models, key business drivers, operations issues and business processes
• Previous experience in managing staff and demonstrating leadership skills.
Essential skills needed for the role:
• Experience of the relevant sector gained either though in-house roles with a sector-relevant company and/or consulting. Please note only candidates with some form of consulting or major project delivery experience will be considered
• Knowledge of energy sector should be in one or more of the following areas:
-the oil & gas sector in at least one of the three major activity areas (upstream, midstream and downstream), knowledge of the petrochemical and/or oilfield service sectors would also be advantageous
-conventional and renewable power (generation, retail, trading and project development and financing)
-water, including network regulation and capital projects
• Some roles will require advanced modelling skills
• Experience of and strong interest in strategy development and an ability to articulate the strategic factors driving the energy industry today
• Ability to develop a project framework and to deliver a high quality product on time and on budget
• An ability to manage ambiguous, often data-light consulting situations
• An ability to drive insights from work and relate to a client’s business.
Desirable skills for the role:
• Demonstrate courage and integrity
• Acquire and apply commercial and technical expertise
• Manage projects and economics
• Be open minded, agile with change and practical
• Communicate with impact and empathy
• Develop self and others through coaching
• Be curious: learn, share and innovate
• Lead and contribute to team success
• Build and sustain relationships
• Be passionate about client service