Assistant Manager- Advisory- Health
Reference # 10-adv-1101
PwC has an extensive and experienced Middle East Health Industries team. The team comprises strategists, clinicians, pharmacists, operational experts, financiers and life sciences experts with diverse backgrounds in industry, public policy, health economics, health, wellness and life sciences research, population planning, commercial, financial structuring and multi sector consulting from over 15 countries.
As a result of our diverse, dedicated and regionally based health industries team we are able to support our clients through all or as much as required of the business cycle. This support revolves around three key areas: strategy, implementation and performance improvement with a strong focus on promoting and embedding innovation, attracting securing and developing talent underpinned by the best available technology appropriate to the situation.
Our team supports clients across the full spectrum of stakeholders in the region with an interest in health from governments in search of an optimum national health insurance strategy to providers looking to start a new or expand and improve existing operations. Current clients in the region include a national government’s primary care development unit, a national insurance strategy team, a country wide program monitoring team for over 100 live projects, a major medical city development, a major PPP hospital project sponsor, a private equity house, a private sector family business investor interested in developing an innovative regional health services delivery platform and a regional academic medical centre looking to develop its international business model.
Qualification/ Educational background:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a well recognised institution, preferably in a field related to healthcare; and
• An outstanding academic record from well recognised institutions.
• 5-8 years experience in a similar role; significant experience within health care companies or relevant public sector organisations
• Understanding of Company operating models, key business drivers, operations issues and business processes
Essential skills needed for the role:
• Must have a clinical background
• Ability to lead teams across work streams, and assist client project delivery
• Ability to assist in all aspects of the Health Industries Business, including the identification of new engagements.
• Knowledge of health sector should be in one or more of the following areas:
Model of care
Private Public Partnerships (PPPs)
• Analytical, numeric and insight driven mindset and experience
• Experience of providing and seeking meaningful feedback to help others and self improve and develop.
• Experience of taking advantage of new opportunities for learning, sharing new knowledge, being intellectually agile and thinking creatively.
• Experience of demonstrating leadership, modifying behaviours to work effectively with others, respecting and valuing all people and encouraging different perspectives.
• Experience of developing and applying a high level of skills, knowledge and standards and staying current with business and industry trends.
• Experience of maintaining effectiveness during change and adjusting to new processes or requirements.
Desirable skills for the role:
• Presentation skills; business writing skills;
• Project management skills
• Good analytical, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and teaming skills;
• Good decision maker;
• Ability to work independently and manage teams;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Attention to detail, with genuine appetite for growth;
• An experience and aptitude for system/technical concepts;
• Proactive nature and be able to demonstrate initiative;
• Relationship- focused (with clients, peers, management, etc.); and
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude.