Assistant Manager - Advisory - Deals - Capital Projects and Infrstructure - Real Estate
The Middle East practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) is an independent professional firm and a full member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) Global.
Since the firm's establishment 80 years ago, the Middle East firm has evolved to provide a full range of assurance and business advisory services to meet all legal and commercial developments within the region. It is also the most prominent professional services firm in the region, with the most visible clients being serviced from 15 countries.
Headquartered in Dubai, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC)’s Middle East Hospitality and Leisure Advisory Services group is a sophisticated team of professionals from around the globe with extensive real estate and hospitality operations and advisory experience.
As an Assistant Manager, you will have the opportunity to be working on several high-profile projects in a region that is experiencing explosive growth in the hospitality and real estate sector. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right professional to learn new ideas, adapt to different challenges, and earn gratifying rewards.
• To assist PWC in growing and building a successful Capital Projects & Infrastructure Advisory business in the UAE and the wider Middle East Region.
• With a strong background in capital projects, working for major construction organisations, developers, contractors, consultants or client organisations – now is the time for you to apply your knowledge to help us advise our clients across the full project lifecycle from strategy and financing through procurement, delivery and close out.
• Your specialism is in cost and commercial management. You have a track record of managing cost effectively for clients and advising on strategies to achieve cost efficiencies.
• Specifically, given your strong background in cost and commercial management, the role will specifically include:
o Advising clients on optimum procurement routes and strategies
o Advising clients on how to improve efficiency and effectiveness of capital programme management
o Advising clients on optimum strategies to manage risk and contingency
o Supporting the client to discharge their contractual responsibilities
o Helping clients manage their Delivery Partners, Contractors and Sub Contractors
o Advising clients on key risks and appropriate responses to manage these
o Where required, supporting client’s in response to contractor claims
o Improving PWC’s methods and tools using your extensive experience of capital project management & commercial/cost management at other organisations
o The position would be responsible for applying their skills and experience to a variety of assignments, maintain the highest quality of professional advice at all times in order to
maintain and enhance the firm’s standing and market reputation and to manage and build day-to-day client relationships.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree from reputable Hotel School/or MBA with concentration preferably in real estate, hospitality/ RE finance;
• Approximately 5+ years of development consulting and or hotel finance background
• Strong analytical/quantitative skills; strong business writing and presentation skills; excellent teamwork and leadership skills; strong technical skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Strong communication skills (written and spoken) in English is a must. Arabic is preferred and/or other language skills desirable
• Prior international work experience is highly desirable. Ability and willingness to deliver high-quality work products, handle multiple projects as well as supervise a team of staff simultaneously in a fast-paced, service-oriented and multi-cultural environment.
• Must also be willing and able to travel throughout the Middle East, Africa and other international locations as necessary.