Director - Advisory - (Goverment)
Reference # 10-ADV-0044
The focus of the responsibility would be in developing and delivering Strategy based assignments to clients in the Government and Public Sector across the Middle East with a particular focus on our priority and emerging markets. Responsibilities would include the effective management of teams and clients throughout the consulting lifecycle; from identifying key opportunities, to defining the value proposition and strategy for pursuing the opportunity, to delivering a high quality client experience through exceptional delivery of quality outputs and interactions with clients.
Key competencies include:
Government Strategy Experience
- Ability to demonstrates robust insight into geo-political developments and their strategic impact to advise on and inform planning decisions in the context of the Government and Public Sector;
- Sets the strategy infrastructure that advocates an in-depth approach of researching, analysing, challenging and applying key techniques for strategy review and formulation;
- Leads discussions with high level government officials to identify their key requirements, interpret their mandates and facilitate the setting of their long-term strategies;
- Recognised as a subject matter expert in strategy formulation and planning;
- Evaluates the macro impact of any updates to the overall strategy and plans of the client;
- Identifies gaps and recommends improvement opportunities in existing policies and conducts in-depth analysis and research to inform the development of entire policies;
- Identifies potential implications and risks associated with new policy changes and provides recommendations;
- Coordinates with stakeholders in the development or review of policies;
- Provides policy advice and makes decisions based on comprehensive research and intelligence relating to domestic and foreign policy initiatives, and addresses long-term stakeholder needs and concerns;
- Demonstrates confidence and subject matter expertise when presenting, discussing and debating policy matters ;
- Supports the implementation of policy decisions by recommending appropriate mechanisms and involving stakeholders to ensure buy-in and the achievement of the desired outcomes;
- Measures workforce readiness, organisation skills inventory, and knowledge and resource gaps at the function and group level that may impact the client’s ability to meet its objectives.
- Provides appropriate advice, on-going feedback, support and resources to improve effectiveness and efficiency of divisions, sections, teams and even individuals.
- Assesses the current performance of the divisions / sections.
- Able to utilize performance management concepts as to define relevant and appropriate KPIs and ensure their alignment to organization objectives.
Qualifications/ Experience Level Required:
- 10 -12 years of experience (Director)
- Extensive experience managing multi-competency / cross geography teams;
- Exceptional experience in initiating, defining and launching thought leadership efforts;
- A strong acumen of the Middle East Government and Public Sector including a deep understanding of global trends in the Government and Public Sector;
- A role model team player with the ability to interact and be a resource to teams across the firm;
- An effective multi-tasker with the ability to optimize ones effectiveness and efficiency;
- Bilingual English / Arabic preferred;
- Able to travel 60 to 70% of time.
- Masters in Business Administration from a leading university
- Undergraduate in Business Administration in related field of study
Click here to apply